- Clearside Biomedical Inc CLSD announced results from the Extension Study of its OASIS Phase 1/2a trial of CLS-AX (axitinib) administered by suprachoroidal injection via SCS Microinjector in neovascular age-related macular degeneration participants.
- These results include the final six-month data from all participants in the Extension Study and augment the previously reported 3-month results and interim extension data.
- In all participants in the trial, CLS-AX was well tolerated and demonstrated a favorable safety profile across all time points and doses.
- Related: Analyst Bumps Up Clearside Biomedical Target Price After Encouraging Trial Data.
- Full extension data showed promising durability, with 67% of participants going at least six months without additional treatment and 50% going beyond six months.
- The company is preparing for and expects to initiate a randomized, controlled, double-masked, Phase 2b trial, dubbed ODYSSEY, in the first quarter of this year, with the primary endpoint readout anticipated in mid-2024.
- Price Action: CLSD shares are up 4.55% at $1.61 on the last check Thursday.
© 2024 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.