- Tenax Therapeutics Inc TENX received a Notice of Allowance from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for its patent application with claims covering the use of IV levosimendan in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (PH-HFpEF).
- The patent is expected to last until 2040. It will provide the company with substantial added intellectual property (IP) protection for using levosimendan in treating PH-HFpEF patients in the U.S.
- The Notice of Allowance further builds upon Tenax's IP for levosimendan, which includes U.S. Patent No. 11,213,524 issued in January 2022 and covers all medical uses in humans of the subcutaneous formulation of levosimendan.
- The protections this patent will provide are based on key discoveries from the HELP Study.
- The results of the HELP Study showed that levosimendan-treated PH-HFpEF patients benefited from a statistically significant improvement in a 6-minute walk distance of 29 meters compared with a placebo.
- Price Action: TENX shares are up 92.3% at $3.25 on the last check Thursday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.