- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd TAK will acquire NDI-034858 from Nimbus Therapeutics, an oral, selective allosteric tyrosine kinase 2 (TYK2) inhibitor for multiple autoimmune diseases.
- It is in an ongoing Phase 2b study in active psoriatic arthritis, and Takeda plans to investigate it for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and other autoimmune diseases.
- Nimbus recently disclosed topline results from a Phase 2b study evaluating NDI-034858 in patients with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis.
- Takeda intends to present results from this Phase 2b study early in 2023. NDI-034858 is anticipated to enter Phase 3 in psoriasis in 2023.
- "This program further expands Takeda's GI clinical programs and therapeutic focus," said Andy Plump, president of R&D at Takeda.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Takeda will pay Nimbus $4 billion upfront and two milestone payments of $1 billion each upon achieving annual net sales of $4 billion and $5 billion.
- The upfront payment will be primarily funded by cash on hand. The transaction is expected to be finalized before the end of FY2022.
- Takeda ended the 30 September quarter with cash of $5.5 billion.
- Price Action: TAK shares are up 2.75% at $15.33 on the last check Tuesday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.