9 Meters Biopharma Shares Move Higher After Successful Short Bowel Syndrome Study

Loading...
Loading...
  • 9 Meters Biopharma Inc NMTR announced the final results from the Phase 2 VIBRANT study of vurolenatide in short bowel syndrome (SBS) and the outcome of its End-of-Phase 2 meeting with the FDA. 
  • 9 Meters will finalize the Phase 3 protocol in collaboration with the FDA during Q4. 
  • Vurolenatide 50 mg every two weeks dosing arm demonstrated a 30% reduction in total stool output (TSO), compared with a 32% increase for placebo, equivalent to a mean relative reduction of 62%.
  • In patients treated with 50 mg vurolenatide every week, there was a mean TSO decrease of 8% vs. 40%. 
  • In patients treated with 100 mg vurolenatide every two weeks, there was mean a TSO increase of 16% vs. 16% in placebo.
  • Five of the 11 patients in the study were receiving parenteral support. There was a mean decrease of 17% in the parenteral support volume of these five patients by week two, which was sustained throughout the 6-week observation period. 
  • Two of the five patients remained stable, and three demonstrated a mean decrease in PS of 28%.
  • Vurolenatide was generally well tolerated with mild to moderate and transient side effects, the most common of which were nausea and vomiting. 
  • Price Action: NMTR shares are up 19.57% at $0.2475 during the premarket session on the last check Tuesday.
Market News and Data brought to you by Benzinga APIs
Comments
Loading...
Posted In: BiotechNewsPenny StocksHealth CareMoversTrading IdeasGeneralBriefs
Benzinga simplifies the market for smarter investing

Trade confidently with insights and alerts from analyst ratings, free reports and breaking news that affects the stocks you care about.

Join Now: Free!

Loading...