- SIGA Technologies Inc SIGA received approximately $16 million in international procurement orders for oral TPOXX (tecovirimat) in August and early September.
- The orders include an approximate $10 million order by the European Commission and approximately $6 million of orders from two countries in the Asia Pacific region, one of which is a new customer.
- The order from the European Commission is for emergency short-term stockpiling and/or deployment of oral TPOXX (tecovirimat) in connection with the monkeypox outbreak.
- Related: SIGA Tech Made The Smallpox Treatment As Post-9/11 Bioterrorism Defense.
- In addition to procuring oral TPOXX through the funding of direct purchases, the European Commission is also coordinating country-level procurement through the use of a joint procurement mechanism.
- SIGA expects to complete the delivery of these most recent orders in 2022. To date this year, including the recent orders, SIGA has received approximately $76 million of international orders for oral TPOXX. It is expected that at least $65 million of these orders will be delivered in 2022.
- Price Action: SIGA shares are up 0.39% at $10.32 on the last check Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.