Zentalis Pharmaceuticals Inc ZNTL announced initial efficacy and safety data from the ongoing Phase 1b trial of ZN-c3 combined with chemotherapy in patients with platinum-resistant or -refractory ovarian cancer.
- Data were reviewed at the American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting.
- The study consists of four cohorts: ZN-c3 + PLD, ZN-c3 + carboplatin, ZN-c3 + paclitaxel, and ZN-c3 + gemcitabine.
- ZN-c3, in combination with chemotherapy, demonstrated anti-tumor activity in a heavily pretreated population, with an objective response rate (ORR) of 30.2% across all evaluable chemotherapy cohorts.
- ZN-c3 + paclitaxel cohort achieved an ORR of 62.5%.
- ZN-c3 was generally well-tolerated in combination with chemotherapy and exhibited lower hematologic toxicity and a better gastrointestinal tolerability profile than the Wee1 inhibitor class.
- The most common treatment-related adverse events at all grades included nausea (48.2%), neutropenia (41.1%), thrombocytopenia (37.5%), vomiting (30.4%), and anemia (26.8%).
- Price Action: On Friday, ZNTL shares gained 4.95% to $35.65 in after-hours trading.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.