Horizon Therapeutics plc HZNP shared results from a new analysis showing treatment with Uplinza reduced the severity of attacks in people with Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder (NMOSD).
- The data will be presented at the 48th Annual Meeting of the North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society.
- NMOSD is a neuroinflammatory autoimmune disease that attacks the optic nerve, spinal cord, brain, and brain stem.
- During the 28-week, 89% of 161 patients in the Uplinza treatment group remained attack-free compared to 58% of 52 patients in the placebo group.
- Of the 18 total attacks in the Uplinza group, 12 (67%) were minor, and six (33%) were major, compared to 12 (55%) minor attacks and 10 (45%) major attacks among the 22 attacks in the placebo group.
- A new post hoc analysis of this data was conducted to understand the effect of Uplinza on the severity of attacks in the 11% of people in the clinical trial who were not attack-free after being treated with Uplinza.
- The analysis also evaluated the relationship between these attacks' severity and disease activity biomarkers, such as serum glial fibrillary acidic protein (sGFAP) and serum neurofilament (sNfL).
- Price Action: HZNP shares are down 0.93% at $97.26 during the market session on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.