Lannett Company Inc LCI reported Q2 FY22 sales of $86.51 million, missing the consensus of $90.21 million. Sales decreased 35% Y/Y as Lannett faced a highly competitive pricing environment.
- Adjusted gross margin for Q4 compressed to 11% from 23% a year ago.
- The company posted an adjusted operating loss of $(8.9) million, a turnaround from an operating income of $13.37 million a year ago.
- Lannett posted an adjusted EPS loss of $(0.39) compared to EPS of $0.08 and missing the consensus of $(0.32).
- "For the quarter, ongoing and increasing competitive pricing pressure across our product offering negatively impacted net sales and gross margin," said Tim Crew, CEO.
- "While we anticipate this pricing environment to persist over the near term, we continue to execute on our core strategies to build our product pipeline, advance our durable insulin and respiratory assets and reduce costs throughout the organization," he added.
- Guidance: Lannett revised FY22 guidance down to reflect a delay in the expected launch of a key product, fewer new supply requests anticipated for the balance of this year, and a competitive environment for generic products.
- For FY22, Lannett sees sales of $335 million - $360 million, down from previous guidance of $370 million - $400 million, well below the Wall Street estimate of $413.19 million.
- It expects an adjusted gross margin of 14% - 15%, down from approximately 19% - 21%, with adjusted EBITDA of $0 - $8 million, down from $22 million - $32 million.
- Price Action: LCI shares closed lower by 1.39% at $1.42 on Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.