- The death of a patient in a solid tumor trial hit Poseida Therapeutics Inc PSTX hard last August, but since then, the hold has been lifted, and it is now reporting some early data from that same therapy.
- The Company announced interim results for P-PSMA-101, solid tumor autologous CAR-T product candidate for metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
- The Company was bullish on the presentation today, but investors apparently were not impressed. The caveat is that it is Phase 1 trial with only heavily pretreated nine patients.
- Investigators tracked a significant, 50%-plus drop in Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) levels in 3 of those patients.
- One patient had a complete response at the lowest dose. Perhaps just as much as efficacy, safety will be keenly watched.
- Three cases of low-grade possible Cytokine Release Syndrome were observed, managed well with early treatment.
- No cases of neurotoxicity were observed as of the cutoff date.
- Related Content: Poseida's Fully Allogeneic CAR-T Product Enters Human Trial For Multiple Myeloma.
- Price Action: PSTX shares are down 17.1% at $8.88 during the market session on the last check Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.