- Aikido Pharma Inc AIKI has been granted an exclusive sublicense to technology related to the use of the central nervous system (CNS) homing peptides to treat neuroinflammatory disease in cancer patients.
- The homing peptides covered by the sublicense can facilitate the delivery of therapeutic agents to inflamed CNS tissue.
- Psychedelics such as psilocybin have been shown to have anti-inflammatory activity in addition to their potential efficacy for the treatment of broad neurological disorders.
- The company says that this sublicense culminates the Letter of Intent previously announced on February 16. It also complements recently announced support of the psilocybin research for post-traumatic stress disorder treatment at Mount Sinai Center for Psychedelic Psychotherapy and Trauma Research.
- Psilocybin is a hallucinogenic substance from certain types of mushrooms that are also known as magic mushrooms.
- Price Action: AIKI shares were trading 1.75% higher at $1.16 in the market trading session on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.