Valeant's Laundry List: Products, Divestitures And Debt Load
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (NYSE: VRX) soared higher by more than 13 percent Tuesday morning after the company agreed to sell multiple business units as part of an ongoing initiative to pay down its debt load, which has some Wall Street analysts deeply concerned.
Valeant has agreed to sell CeraVe, AcneFree and AMBI Skincare Brands to L'Oreal SA (ADR) (OTC: LRLCY) for $1.3 billion. In a separate transaction, the company has agreed to sell Dendreon to Sanpower Group for $819.9 million.
Here is a description of each business unit Valeant divested.
- CeraVe creates lotion, moisturizers and facial cleansers products.
- CeraVe's product line includes a combination of vital ceramides, needed for healthy skin.
- Products include a hydrating cleanser, soap bars, body washes, foaming facial cleanser, body washes, makeup removing cloths, moisturizing creams and lotions, hand creams, healing ointments, sunscreen face and body lotions, baby wash and shampoo, among others.
- AcneFree offers a full line of acne treatment products.
- The business sells a complete 24-hour acne clearing system, including an oil-free purifying cleanser, renewing toner and repair lotion.
- Other products include face cleansing wipes and lotions.
- AMBI Skincare sells products to reduce the appearance of dark marks and skin discolorations.
- A three-product pack includes a foaming cleanser, a moisturizer and fade cream.
- Other products include cleansing bars, exfoliating wash lotions, moisturizers, tone correcting concentrate, creamy oil lotions, among others.
- Dendreon develops and discovers immunologically based therapeutic anticancer products.
- PROVENGE, the unit's main product, is the first autologous cellular immunotherapy to receive FDA approval for the treatment of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer.
- The therapy is designed to take the body's own immune cells and reprogram them to attack advanced prostate cancer.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.