Quote To Start The Day: Technology is the best enabler of banking the unbanked.
Source: Sultan Meghji
One Big Thing In Fintech: An outage at the Federal Reserve is creating settlement issues for many financial institutions and exchanges. The Fed's service status page shows that most of its services are currently down, including its settlement network.
Source: The Block
Other Key Fintech Developments:
- StockCharts adds streaming service.
- DTCC proposes an approach to T+1.
- Neuravest launches, delivers AI tech.
- Episode Six taps $30M in new funds.
- Primary Venture raising $150M fund.
- dYdX contract trades via StarkWare.
- TP ICAP launching Matchbook tech.
- Simplex, Opera partnering on crypto.
- Powell: Events on digital dollar near.
- Stripe, Afterpay team on BNPL tech.
- ASYMmetric ETFs, Schuringa raise.
- CoinShares asset manager will IPO.
- Modulus launched BaaS technology.
- Brazilian fintech RecargaPay raises.
- Standard Bank Group, Hedera team.
- Zelros raised $11M in Series funding.
Watch Out For This: Almost one-quarter of Americans said they don’t plan to get vaccinated for Covid-19, according to a Census Bureau survey.
- StorageOS secures $10M in funding.
- Bond market and the Biden economy.
- Canva bought Vienna-based Kaleido.
- Advice: If I’m burnt out, what do I do?
- The VCs firms joining the SPAC rush.
- Europe kicks off bid to better gig work.
- Media platform tapping cryptography.
- USPS to modernize the delivery fleet.
Market Moving Headline: For more than a decade, progressives have tried and failed to impose a financial transaction tax. But there is new momentum for such a levy as the national debt skyrockets during the pandemic and in the wake of the GameStop trading frenzy that shined a bright light on market structure concerns.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.