Upwork Inc UPWK is well-positioned to benefit from the pandemic-driven shift to remote teams with and freelancing becoming “an increasingly larger portion of the overall workforce,” according to BofA Securities.
The Upwork Analyst: Nat Schindler initiated coverage of Upwork with a Buy rating and a price target of $65.
The Upwork Thesis: The company is likely to continue gaining share in a massive freelancing market, which is estimated at $1.3 trillion, Schindler said in the initiation note.
“Upwork has driven significant recurring revenue streams from past cohorts, and we see a predictable and growing revenue model going forward with growth levers such as upmarket initiatives, international expansion, new products and long-term margin expansion,” the analyst wrote.
He mentioned five positives for the company:
- Strong client retention due to its high-value proposition
- Enterprise initiatives could drive top-line growth
- The ongoing shift to freelancing
- New products to drive acquisition and expand customer lifetime value
- International expansion opportunity with increasing internet user penetration
UPWK Price Action: Shares of Upwork had risen by 4.53% to $47.10 at the time of publication Friday morning
Photo: Christin Hume via Unsplash
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.