Dollar Tree Stores, Inc., was incorporated in 1986 in the state of Virginia. It operates as a discount variety store offering merchandise at the fixed price of $1.00. At February 1, 2014, it operated 4,992 discount variety retail stores. Its stores operate under the names of Dollar Tree, Deal$, Dollar Tree Deal$, Dollar Tree Canada, Dollar Giant and Dollar Bills. In 4,778 of these stores, it sells substantially all items for $1.00 or less in the United States and $1.25(CAD) or less in Canada. In substantially all of the remaining stores, operating as Deal$, it sells items for $1.00 or less but also sell items for more than $1.00. At January 30, 2010, it operated 3,806 stores in 48 states. At February 1, 2014, it operated 4,812 stores in 48 states and the District of Columbia, as well as 180 stores in Canada. The Company buys approximately 58% to 60% of its merchandise domestically and import the remaining 40% to 42%. Its domestic purchases include basic, seasonal, closeouts and promotional merchandise. It provides a wide selection of everyday basic products and it supplements these basic, everyday items with seasonal, closeout and promotional merchandise. The Company's merchandise mix consists of: consumable merchandise, which includes candy and food, health and beauty care, and everyday consumables such as paper and chemicals, and in select stores, frozen and refrigerated food; variety merchandise, which includes toys, durable housewares, gifts, party goods, greeting cards, softlines, and other items; and seasonal goods, which include, among others, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween and Christmas merchandise. The Company's competitors include single-price dollar stores, multi-price dollar stores, mass merchandisers, discount retailers and variety retailers. The Company is the owner of several federal service mark registrations including "Dollar Tree," the "Dollar Tree" logo, the Dollar Tree logo with a "1", and "One Price...One Dollar.