- Gorman-Rupp Co GRC reported fourth-quarter sales growth of 14.1% year-over-year to $94.16 million, missing the consensus of $98.28 million.
- Domestic sales of $64.9 million +10.7% Y/Y and international sales of $29.3 million increased 22.6% Y/Y.
- The company noted customer-initiated shipment delays somewhat impacted Q4 sales.
- Q4 EPS were $0.25 compared to $0.26 last year. The company's 2021 results included an unfavorable LIFO impact of $0.08 and non-cash pension settlement charges of $0.01.
- The gross margin contracted by 210 bps to 23.7%. The decrease was driven by a 260 bps increase in the cost of material, which included an unfavorable LIFO impact of 300 basis points.
- The operating income was $8.23 million (-2.5% Y/Y) for the quarter, with a margin of 8.7%, down 150 bps.
- SG&A expenses were $14.1 million (+9.9% Y/Y) and constituted 15% of net sales compared to 15.6% in 4Q20.
- Gorman-Rupp's backlog of orders was $186 million (+64.4% Y/Y) as of December 31, 2021. Incoming orders increased 26.9% for FY21 and +33% for 4Q20.
- "We have passed on price increases to offset inflationary pressures on material costs and wages and have leveraged our SG&A expenses as sales volumes have increased. We enter 2022 with a very healthy backlog and are well positioned to continue to deliver top-line growth," said CEO Scott King.
- Price Action: GRC shares traded lower by 7.11% at $36.63 on the last check Friday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.