- Align Technology Inc ALGN reported Q3 sales of $1.016 billion, up 0.5% sequentially and 38.4% Y/Y, surpassing the consensus estimate of $977.80 million.
- Clear Aligner revenues were $837.6 million, down 0.4% sequentially and up 34.9% Y/Y. Clear Aligner volume declined 1.6% sequentially and but up 32.1% Y/Y to 655.1 thousand cases.
- Imaging Systems and CAD/CAM Services revenues reached $178.3 million, up 5.0% sequentially and 57.3% Y/Y.
- Adjusted EPS of $2.87 came ahead of the consensus of $2.60. Adjusted net income increased 28.5% Y/Y to $$228.6 million.
- The gross margin improved from 73.3% to 74.7%, and the operating margin reached 28.8% compared to 28% a year ago.
- Align ended Q3 with $1.2 billion in cash and cash equivalents.
- Guidance: For FY21, Align expects sales of $3.90 billion - $3.95 billion (consensus of $3.94 billion), up approximately 58% - 60% Y/Y.
- It expects the adjusted operating margin to be approximately 3 points higher than the GAAP operating margin for 2021 of 25%.
- The Company announced the findings of a clinical study, which validates and further demonstrates the benefits of the iTero Element 5D imaging system to detect and monitor interproximal caries lesions above the gingiva without harmful radiation.
- Price Action: ALGN shares closed 8.37% higher at $655.00 on Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.