Daseke Inc DSKE reported second-quarter sales growth of 14.9% year-over-year to $404 million, and +18% Y/Y excluding the Aveda Transportation and Energy Services business's impact, beating the consensus estimate of $369.45 million.
- Adjusted EPS improved to $0.42 from $0.13 in 2Q20, beating consensus estimates of $0.09.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $62.9 million, compared to $43.7 million in 2Q20, and margin expanded by 470 bps to 17.1 %.
- The operating income increased to $45.3 million from $12.3 million, and the margin expanded by 770 bps to 11.2%.
- Daseke generated cash from operating activities year-to-date of $58.1 million, compared to $82.9 million a year ago. Free cash flow of $66.7 million.
- The operating ratio was 88.8%, and the adjusted operating ratio of 88%, compared to 96.5% and 94.5%.
- Daseke had total available liquidity of $231 million, with cash and cash equivalents of $111.7 million and $119.3 million available under its revolving credit facility. Net debt was $482.7 million.
- FY21 Outlook: Daseke expects revenue of $1.5 billion to $1.6 billion, up 6.9% from the previous range, and an Adjusted EBITDA of $200 million to $210 million, up 20.6% of the prior.
- Additionally, the company appointed Jonathan Shepko as permanent Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. He had formerly served as interim Chief Executive Officer since January 2021 and served Daseke as a director since 2017 and a board observer since 2014.
- Price action: DSKE shares closed higher by 11.80% at $7.97 on Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.