- Inseego Corp (NASDAQ: INSG) inked an agreement to divest South African operations of Ctrack for an all-cash transaction of $36.2 million (ZAR 529 million) to an affiliate of Convergence Partners, an investment management firm focused on the technology, media, and telecom sector in Africa.
- "The sale of our South African Ctrack operations is part of Inseego's strategy to focus solely on target markets that are closely aligned with the growth of our 5G business," said Inseego CEO Dan Mondor.
- "The proceeds further strengthen our balance sheet and increases liquidity to address our growing 5G pipeline. The geographical alignment of all our business units is one of the final steps in the remaking of Inseego into a 5G pure play. We believe the telematics business is an important anchor for both our 5G and our enterprise initiatives going forward. Retaining critical infrastructure, headcount, and customer relationships in the Ctrack international markets directly aligns with our 5G initiatives," added Mondor.
- Inseego expects to close the transaction during the second quarter of 2021.
- Price action: INSG shares closed higher by 0.7% at $15.72 on Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.