A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bullish stance on Shopify.
Looking at options history for Shopify SHOP we detected 20 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 75% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 25% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 5 are puts, for a total amount of $197,356 and 15, calls, for a total amount of $1,569,170.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $20.0 to $70.0 for Shopify over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
In terms of liquidity and interest, the mean open interest for Shopify options trades today is 2862.35 with a total volume of 6,304.00.
In the following chart, we are able to follow the development of volume and open interest of call and put options for Shopify's big money trades within a strike price range of $20.0 to $70.0 over the last 30 days.
Shopify Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Shopify Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 7,453,008, the price of SHOP is up 6.16% at $53.36.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 13 days.
What The Experts Say On Shopify:
- DA Davidson downgraded its action to Neutral with a price target of $34
- Citigroup has decided to maintain their Neutral rating on Shopify, which currently sits at a price target of $54.
- Jefferies downgraded its action to Hold with a price target of $40
- Truist Securities has decided to maintain their Hold rating on Shopify, which currently sits at a price target of $41.
- Roth Capital upgraded its action to Buy with a price target of $56
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Shopify, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.