A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on Cheniere Energy.
Looking at options history for Cheniere Energy LNG we detected 12 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 33% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 66% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 2 are puts, for a total amount of $90,032 and 10, calls, for a total amount of $639,044.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $100.0 to $155.0 for Cheniere Energy over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is a powerful move while trading options. This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Cheniere Energy's options for a given strike price. Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Cheniere Energy's whale trades within a strike price range from $100.0 to $155.0 in the last 30 days.
Cheniere Energy Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Cheniere Energy Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 1,259,148, the price of LNG is up 1.25% at $148.61.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 87 days.
What The Experts Say On Cheniere Energy:
- Raymond James has decided to maintain their Strong Buy rating on Cheniere Energy, which currently sits at a price target of $178.
- RBC Capital has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Cheniere Energy, which currently sits at a price target of $179.
- Mizuho has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Cheniere Energy, which currently sits at a price target of $167.
- Raymond James has decided to maintain their Strong Buy rating on Cheniere Energy, which currently sits at a price target of $175.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Cheniere Energy, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.