A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on Marvell Tech.
Looking at options history for Marvell Tech MRVL we detected 35 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 42% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 57% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 23 are puts, for a total amount of $2,214,608 and 12, calls, for a total amount of $668,677.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $40.0 to $90.0 for Marvell Tech over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
In terms of liquidity and interest, the mean open interest for Marvell Tech options trades today is 1014.25 with a total volume of 6,603.00.
In the following chart, we are able to follow the development of volume and open interest of call and put options for Marvell Tech's big money trades within a strike price range of $40.0 to $90.0 over the last 30 days.
Marvell Tech Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Marvell Tech Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 4,578,111, the price of MRVL is up 2.96% at $47.63.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 62 days.
What The Experts Say On Marvell Tech:
- Cowen & Co. has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Marvell Tech, which currently sits at a price target of $85.
- B. Riley Securities downgraded its action to Neutral with a price target of $63
- Morgan Stanley has decided to maintain their Equal-Weight rating on Marvell Tech, which currently sits at a price target of $68.
- Needham has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Marvell Tech, which currently sits at a price target of $75.
- Keybanc has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Marvell Tech, which currently sits at a price target of $90.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Marvell Tech, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.