The Daily Dash is a quick look at what's happening in the freight ecosystem. In today's edition, we highlight an acquisition for Hirschbach Motor Lines, a new software platform for drayage shippers and more.
The High Five
1. Refrigerated carrier Hirschbach Motor Lines has acquired Eagan, Minnesota-based carrier Lessors Inc. The acquisition of Lessors, also a temperature-controlled operator with approximately 200 drivers and nearly 300 power units, brings the Hirschbach fleet to 2,400 drivers and owner-operators and more than 3,500 trailers. Todd Maiden's story
2. While BookYourCargo built its newly released Digital Drayage Platform, customized to the needs of its drayage shippers, CEO Nimesh Modi said that capacity constraints and struggles filling driver jobs offered a new challenge for his team. Grace Sharkey's story
3. When it comes to the current state of used trucks, forget what Econ 101 teaches about supply and demand. Rather than one impacting the other, both are driving used truck prices to a post-Great Recession peak. Alan Adler's story
4. The UK P&I Club, an insurer of the Ever Given, is reporting an agreement has been reached with the Suez Canal Authority and the container ship could be released from custody in Egypt soon. That's good news for owners of the cargo aboard the Evergreen Marine-operated vessel. Kim Link-Wills with more details
5. The trucking industry has been taking it on the chin ever since the Interstate 40 bridge closed six weeks ago. Drivers needing to haul between eastern Arkansas and western Tennessee have been forced to take the I-55 bridge. Though that bridge is just a few miles away, rerouting has had big ramifications. Nick Austin's story
Five more to check out
Image Sourced from Pixabay
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.