TILT Holdings Inc. TILT TLLTF, a global provider of cannabis business solutions that include inhalation technologies, cultivation, manufacturing, processing, brand development, and retail, reported its financial and operating results for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2021, late on Wednesday.
“2021 was a strong year for TILT—growing organically, building our team, and implementing the new B2B strategy we unveiled in late 2020. (...) we expect our wholesale mix to drastically change,” said Gary Santo, CEO of TILT. “Over the course of 2021, we doubled our canopy in Massachusetts and added two adult-use dispensaries, entered into our third market with the acquisition of Standard Farms Ohio, and our fourth market with the launch of a strategic partnership with the Shinnecock Indian Nation of New York, and we activated four new marquee brand partnerships.”
“This is in addition to maintaining our position as the category leader in cannabis inhalation and accessory sales,” added Santo.
“TILT, along with most of the cannabis industry, faced considerable challenges in the back half of the year as inflationary pressure set in on the consumer, and supply/demand imbalances impacted the wholesale market. (...) we launched our B2B strategy last year specifically with this environment in mind and the early results are proving this out. We believe that brand differentiation will be key as competition heats up across the U.S. and new cultivation comes online,” the CEO explained.
- Revenue increased approximately 28% to $54.1 million compared to $42.3 million in the year-ago period. The increase was primarily attributable to an approximate 33% increase in inhalation and accessory revenue, as well as an approximate 11% increase in cannabis revenue.
- Gross profit before fair value adjustments was $11.3 million or approximately 21% of revenue, compared to $11.3 million or approximately 27% of revenue in the year-ago period. The decrease in gross margin was primarily driven by lower margins in the company’s inhalation and accessories business due to the customer concentration mix and increased freight costs related to global supply chain disruption, and lower bulk wholesale prices in its cannabis business.
- Operating expenses less non-cash adjustments for stock compensation, depreciation and amortization, and impairment charges were $9.2 million compared to $10.5 million in the year-ago period.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased to $4.8 million compared to $4.5 million in the year-ago period.
- On December 31, 2021, cash and cash equivalents were $7.0 million compared to $8.9 million on December 31, 2020. Working capital was $41.1 million compared to $57.4 million on December 31, 2020, and total debt was $86.6 million compared to $71.8 million in 2020.
2022 Financial Guidance
TILT expects 2022 annual revenue to range between $255 – $265 million, and adjusted EBITDA to range between $27 – $32 million. At the midpoint, this reflects approximately 28% revenue growth and approximately 31% adjusted EBITDA growth over 2021.
Q4 2021 Operational Highlights and Recent Events
- Commenced adult-use retail sales at its Brockton and Taunton, Massachusetts dispensaries.
- Divested non-core assets including Sante Veritas Therapeutics and Providence dispensary sites.
- Expanded contract with AIRO Brands to manufacture and distribute select products in Massachusetts.
- Entered into a multi-state agreement to manufacture and distribute cannabis brand Toast™.
- Signed an exclusive Ohio partnership with leading vape brand, Timeless Refinery.
- Launched an adult-use cannabis delivery service in Massachusetts with Bracts & Pistils.
Photo By Kindle Media via Pexels.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.