EnWave Corporation NWVCF ENW E reported its consolidated interim financial results for the first quarter ended December 31, 2021.
Q1 Financial Highlights
- Consolidated revenue amounted to $6.3 million compared to nearly $7 million in the prior quarter and $7.5 million in the same period of 2021.
- EnWave’s business unit revenue was roughly $4 million compared to $2.7 million in the prior year’s period, representing an increase of $1.4 million.
- EnWave’s royalty revenue totaled $505 000 representing a year-over-year increase of 58%.
- NutraDried’s revenue amounted to $2.2 million, representing a year-over-year decrease of $2.6 million.
- The gross margin was 43% compared to 23% for the first quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Adjusted EBITDA, a non-IFRS financial measure, was income of $301 000 compared to a loss of $911 000 for the prior year’s quarter, representing an improvement of $610 000.
- Trimmed selling, general, and administrative expenses across both EnWave and NutraDried, reporting a 12% reduction or $381 000 in operating expenses compared to the first quarter of 2021.
- Net loss totaled $253 000, representing an 82% year-over-year drop.
- Obtained TSX Venture exchange approval for a normal course issuer bid starting on October 29, 2021, and ending on October 28, 2022, whereby EnWave is entitled to purchase up to 2,204,101 shares in any 30-day period up to a maximum of 10,778,194 shares during the year.
Significant Corporate Accomplishments In Q1 2022 & Subsequently
- Commissioned a 120kW REV machine for EnWave’s Illinois-based cannabis partner for the rapid processing of premium smokeable cannabis.
- Commissioned a 100kW REV machine for Patatas Fritas Torres in Spain to scale-up the commercial launch of all-natural cheese snacks for the European market.
- Sold a second 10kW REV machine to Dairy Concepts IRL of Ireland to scale-up manufacturing of its lineup of Cheese O’s shelf-stable cheese snacks
- Signed a Technology Evaluation Agreement with Protein Isolate Plant International Inc. to evaluate the potential commercial use of REV technology in PIP International’s large scale yellow pea wet fractionation processing facility.
- Received a purchase order from Consulting Fresh Business, which is doing business as for a 10kW REV machine to be installed in Spain for intensive new product research and development using EnWave’s technology to develop further commercial applications in Europe.
- Advanced the Global Strategic Partnership with Dole Worldwide Food & Beverage Group, with Dole acquiring a second 10kW REV machine.
- Confirmed the commercial scale-up of EnWave’s Italian royalty partner, Orto Al Sole, with the purchase of a 120kW REV machine for the large-scale drying of premium fruits and vegetables in Italy.
- Launched an exciting lineup of Moon Cheese Sticks, an all-natural cheese stick snack that comes in five flavours: Kick It Up A Nacho, Yum Inferno, Cheesy Does It, Rowdy Ranch and Wild White Chedda’.
- Secured material new distribution for Moon Cheese with major U.S. retailers, including up-to 2,200 Kroger stores, 1,300 new Target locations among others. The new distribution confirmed by NutraDried is expected to begin shipping in the second half of fiscal 2022.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.