Denver-based, Charlotte's Web Holdings Inc. CWEB CWBHF, a leading firm in full-spectrum hemp extract wellness products, reported financial results on Monday for the third quarter ended September 30, 2021.
Third Quart-2021 Financial Highlights Vs. The Same Period in 2020
- Net Revenue during the third quart of 2021 was $23.7 million vs. $25.2 million in the same period of 2020, with increased unit sales offset by product and channel mix.
- Gummy sales contributed 30% in the third quarter of 2021 vs. 23% in the same quarter of 2020. Tincture sales contributed 37% in 2021, vs. 49% in the third quarter of 2020.
- DTC eCommerce revenue was $15.2 million vs. $16.7 million in the same time period of 2020, with increased customers and unit sales.
- B2B revenue increased to $8.5 million in 2021 from $8.4 million in 2020, due to increased unit sales and new distribution.
- Gross profit increased to $14.9 million, expanding to 62.9% of consolidated revenue vs. 58.7% in the same period of 2020.
- Operating expenses decreased 15.6% year-over-year, ahead of plan.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $2.8 million, improved year-over-year (from $6.7 million in 2020) and sequentially ($3.9 million in the second quarter).
- The company had $21.1 million in cash (excluding $10.9 million IRS tax refund) and $87.5 million in working capital on September 30, 2021.
- $10 million unused lines of credit with JPMorgan with the potential to extend to $20M.
- Expanded #1 market share position across every channel;
- Increased pet product retail distribution by 222 doors;
- Launched 3 new gummy product lines: Daily Wellness, THC-Free and Immunity;
- Obtained USDA organic certification on select products;
- Entered multi-phase research on hemp extracts with Colorado State University;
- Operationalized new 137,000 sq. ft. production and distribution facility; and,
- Advanced extraction and R&D capabilities.
Charlotte's Web stock traded 7.28% lower at $1.91 per share at the time of writing Monday evening.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Meet the biggest cannabis industry players and make deals that will push the industry forward.
Featuring live company presentations, insider panels, and unmatched access to networking, the Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference is where cannabis executives and entrepreneurs meet.
Join us September 13-14, 2022 at The Palmer House in Chicago, IL.