- SMART Global Holdings Inc. SGH reported third-quarter sales growth of 5.7% year-over-year to $463 million, beating the consensus of $455.17 million.
- Adjusted EPS of $0.87 (+24% Y/Y) beat the consensus of $0.75.
- The gross margin expanded by 540 bps to 24.7%, and the adjusted gross margin was up 380 bps to 25.7%.
- Adjusted operating margin expanded by 185 bps to 11.7%.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $63.97 million (+24.5% Y/Y), and the margin was 13.8, up 210 bps.
- During the quarter, the company repurchased ~450 thousand shares for $10.2 million in cash.
- Net cash provided by operating activities year-to-date totaled $84.03 million, compared to $105.33 million a year ago.
- The company held cash and cash equivalents of $387.33 million as of May 27, 2022.
- Separately, SGH announced that it has agreed to acquire Stratus Technologies, a global leader in simplified, protected, and autonomous computing solutions in the data center and at the Edge, for $225 million in cash at closing and an earn-out payment of up to $50 million.
- 4Q22 Outlook: SMART Global expects net sales of $420 million to $460 million, vs. consensus of $478.77 million, gross margin of 22.5% to 24.5%, and EPS of $0.22 +/- $.10.
- It expects an adjusted gross margin of 23.5% to 25.5%; and an Adjusted EPS of $0.55-$0.75, vs. a consensus of $0.84.
- Price Action: SGH shares are trading lower by 12.57% at $17.73 during the post-market session on Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.