- Logistics service provider DB Schenker has agreed to acquire all outstanding shares of USA Truck Inc. USAK for $31.72 per share in cash, valuing USAK at ~$435 million, including assumed cash and debt. DB Schenker is a subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn.
- DB Schenker aims to strengthen and expand USA Truck's presence in North America while utilizing its complementary international logistics expertise, air transport services, and ocean gateways to benefit USA Truck's existing customer base.
- DB Schenker intends to expand its worldwide logistics services across the land, air, and ocean transportation services, as well as logistics and global supply chain management solutions, by building on USA Truck's current U.S. and Mexico freight network.
- "This transaction provides immediate and significant value for USA Truck stockholders, offers broadened career opportunities for our employees and increased capacity and service offerings with which to support our customers, and better positions our company to realize our long-term vision to become the premier North American transportation solutions provider," said CEO James Reed.
- On completion, USA Truck will become a private company and delist from NASDAQ Global Select Market.
- Price Action: USAK shares are trading higher by 110.91% at $30.72 on the last check Friday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.