- Blink Charging Co. BLNK has agreed to acquire SemaConnect, Inc., a provider of EV charging infrastructure solutions in North America, for $200 million in cash and common stock.
- This transaction adds nearly 13,000 EV chargers to Blink's existing footprint, 3,800 site host locations, and more than 150,000 registered EV driver members.
- The acquisition further solidifies Blink's position through complete vertical integration of the supply chain, engineering, and in-house manufacturing capabilities of more than 10,000 EV chargers today and scaling to 50,000 per year.
- In-house manufacturing and U.S.-based assembly bring Blink in compliance with the Biden Administration Buy American initiatives.
- "SemaConnect has a robust hardware product line-up which complements Blink's extensive software product offerings. This includes our multi-language and multi-currency network, allowing Blink to have an EV charging station for any location across more than 20 countries and expanding," stated Michael D. Farkas, Founder, and CEO of Blink Charging.
- As of March 31, 2022, Blink's cash and equivalents totaled $161.9 million.
- Mahi Reddy from SemaConnect is expected to join the Blink Board.
- Price Action: BLNK shares are trading higher by 2.39% at $14.58 on the last check Tuesday.
- Photo Via Company
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.