- Cytokinetics Incorporated CYTK has announced positive topline results from Cohorts 1 and 2 of REDWOOD-HCM Phase 2 trial of CK-3773274 (CK-274) in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM).
- The Company plans to initiate Phase 3 trial by the end of 2021.
- Results demonstrated that treatment with CK-274 for ten weeks resulted in statistically significant reductions from baseline compared to placebo in the average resting left ventricular outflow tract pressure gradient (LVOT-G) and the average post-Valsalva LVOT-G.
- LVOT- G is a predictor of heart failure.
- 78.6% in Cohort 1 and 92.9% in Cohort 2 achieved the target goal of treatment, defined as resting gradient over 30 mmHg and post-Valsalva gradient over 50 mmHg at Week 10 compared to placebo (7.7%).
- Reductions in LVOT-G occurred within two weeks of initiating treatment with CK-274, were maximized within two to six weeks, and were sustained until the end of treatment at ten weeks.
- The observed reductions in LVOT-G were dose-dependent.
- Treatment with CK-274 was generally well tolerated. The incidence of adverse events was similar between treatment arms. No serious adverse events were attributed to CK-274, and no treatment interruptions occurred on CK-274.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) causes thickening of the heart muscle.
- Price Action: CYTK shares are up 43% at $27.50 during the premarket session on the last check Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.