Quote Of The Day: One man with courage makes a majority. - Andrew Jackson
Fintech Movers: The Department of Justice has filed an antitrust lawsuit challenging Visa’s proposed $5.3 billion acquisition of Plaid. - TechCrunch
- WhatsApp to expand payments tech.
- A Biden win could be good for fintech.
- Citadel grows its European presence.
- Coinbase on a Japanese hiring spree.
- Fidelity adds an engineering initiative.
- Accern recognized for innovative tech.
- Nasdaq, HKEx look to DLT disruption.
- EML’s FINLAB invested in Hydrogen.
- HSBC to launching Transferwise rival.
- Quantopian closes, joining Robinhood.
Benzinga Global Fintech Awards Spotlight:
Every year Benzinga, a leading news and data platform, holds the Global Fintech Awards, a day of dealmaking, networking, and recognition in the fintech space.
Ahead of the November 10, 2020 event, this newsletter highlights disruptive innovators working to create positive and diverse change in financial services.
Today's disruptive innovator is CloudQuant, a cloud-based trading strategy incubator.
For a chance to make your mark on the future of innovation and be featured in this newsletter, check out our Global Fintech Awards! To meet the biggest names in fintech and discover emerging trends, get tickets here.
Watch For This: With daily U.S. cases edging toward 100,000, Illinois, Ohio and Michigan were among states reporting record Covid-19 infections on Thursday. Ohio’s governor called the state’s numbers “shockingly high,” while Coloradans were urged to cancel any plans for big Thanksgiving get-togethers. - Bloomberg
- USPS worker blows whistle on fraud.
- Facebook shuts down poll watchers.
- Slack can track employee efficiency.
- Unpacking stock splits using options.
- Newer, modern car designs lack soul.
- Florida voted in favor of a $15 wage.
Market Moving Headline: At a virtual news conference following a two-day policy meeting, during which Fed officials voted unanimously to leave interest rates near zero, Powell said that economic growth and the jobs market are recovering, but improvements are “moderating” [and] below pre-pandemic levels. - Al Jazeera
- Claims drop as the labor market gains.
- US plans to greenlight antibody drug.
- Uber sees slow recovery in US market.
- Oil price path depends on virus control.
- GM pulls $4B in profit post-shutdown.
- Apple must face a shareholder lawsuit.
- Bombardier faces a UK bribery probe.
- Trade deficit narrows as exports jump.
- Square reported $1.63B in BTC sales.
- GM boosts spending on EV innovation.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Your update on what’s going on in the Fintech space. Keep up-to-date with news, valuations, mergers, funding, and events. Sign up today!