Helmerich & Payne Inc was incorporated under the laws of the State of Delaware on February 3, 1940, and is successor to a business originally organized in 1920. The Company is engaged in contract drilling of oil & gas wells for others & in the ownership, development & operation of commercial real estates. Its business is composed of three reportable segments: U.S. Land, Offshore & International Land. Its U.S. Land operations drill in Oklahoma, California, Texas, Wyoming, Colorado, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Utah, Arkansas, New Mexico, Montana, North Dakota, West Virginia and Nevada. Offshore operations are conducted in the Gulf of Mexico, and offshore of California and Equatorial Guinea. Its International Land segment operated in six international locations: Ecuador, Colombia, Argentina, Tunisia, Bahrain and United Arab Emirates. It is also engaged in the ownership, development and operation of commercial real estate and the research and development of rotary steerable technology. Each of the businesses operates independently of the others through wholly-owned subsidiaries. Its real estate investments located within Tulsa, Oklahoma, include a shopping center containing approximately 441,000 leasable square feet, multi-tenant industrial warehouse properties containing approximately one million leasable square feet and approximately 210 acres of undeveloped real estate. BHP Billiton, Devon Energy Production Co. LP and Occidental Oil and Gas Corporation including affiliates, are its three largest contract drilling customers.