Westfield Insurance is a regional insurance company. You can buy home insurance, vehicle insurance or both. It also offers business products. It distributes its products through independent agents, and you must contact an agent to get a personalized quote. If you enjoy personalized service, this is a plus. If you prefer to do everything online, this is a drawback.
- People who like working with an agent
- People who live in the upper Midwest
- Business owners who want to get all their insurance from one insurer
- Personal service
- Award-winning customer service
- Bundles products for savings
- No online quotes
- Limited online functionality
- Home and auto insurance only available in the upper Midwest (except Wisconsin)
Westfield Insurance is an Ohio-based property and casualty insurance company. It has award-winning customer service and offers a range of products to meet your needs. In this Westfield Insurance Review, we’ll tell you about its products, services and customer service.
Westfield Insurance Products
Westfield offers a wide range of property and casualty insurance products. These include:
- Home products: Westfield offers home insurance for every type of home. It insures modest homes, luxury homes and condos.
- Vehicle products: Westfield offers car insurance, boat insurance and RV insurance.
- Business insurance: Having the right insurance is essential for any business. Westfield offers a range of insurance products. It works with businesses of all sizes and in a variety of industries, including health care, hospitality and manufacturing.
- Farm and agribusiness: Westfield’s roots are in farming and it still offers insurance to farms and other agricultural businesses. Westfield offers insights, risk assessments and more.
Westfield is a regional company, and it only offers personal lines — home and vehicle insurance — in a limited number of states. These are:
- West Virginia
If you live outside of these states, or if you have plans to move, Westfield may not be the best insurance company for your needs.
Available Discounts and Tips on Getting the Best Rates
Westfield doesn’t typically offer discounts on its insurance products. Instead, it offers more for your money if you bundle auto and home insurance. Its Wespak plan offers extras that it doesn’t typically include in standard policies such as loan and lease coverage for vehicles and replacement cost coverage.
Westfield offers its products through independent agents. These agents can also be a great resource when it comes to getting the best rate. Let your agent know your budget and the types of coverage you’re looking for. Your agent can research different plan options and help you choose the right policy for your needs.
Westfield Insurance Coverage Selections
Is Westfield Insurance right for you? Let’s dig into its coverage options.
Home products protect where you live. These are Westfield Insurance’s types of policies:
- Homeowners insurance: These policies typically cover damage to the structure of your home from a natural disaster. Most standard policies don’t cover flood or earthquake damage, so talk to your insurance agent if that’s an area of concern. These policies also cover the belongings on your home. Most policies include liability protection. Liability insurance protects other people and their property. If your tree falls and damages your neighbor’s car, your homeowners insurance would likely cover it as part of your liability insurance. Westfield offers other types of homeowners insurance that you can add to a standard policy:
- Equipment breakdown coverage: As the name indicates, equipment breakdown coverage helps cover the cost of repairing or replacing your home equipment. It covers your major appliances, computers, televisions, home security systems, your HVAC systems, swimming pool equipment and more.
- Replacement cost coverage: Homeowners insurance only covers the insured value of your home. It might cost more to rebuild your home in the event of a disaster. This insurance covers up to 25% over the insured value of your home.
- Identity theft coverage: Identity theft is a big concern. Westfield’s identity theft protection covers up to $20,000 for expenses related to identity theft. It also includes access to fraud specialists to help you deal with identity theft.
- Flood insurance: Water damage is expensive. Floods can come from a variety of events, including heavy rain, melting snow and hurricanes. Flood insurance helps to cover damage from flooding.
- Umbrella insurance: Umbrella insurance picks up where your homeowners or vehicle insurance stops. Umbrella insurance helps cover costs that exceed your policy limits.
- Renters insurance: Landlords typically have insurance to cover the structure of where you live. That coverage doesn’t cover your personal belongings, though. Renters insurance helps you replace your belongings if there’s damage. It includes coverage for fires, natural disasters, theft and if someone is injured in your home.
- Condo insurance: Insuring a condo is different from insuring a single-family home. The condo association is responsible for repairs to your building. You need coverage for the interior of your home and your belongings. Westfield’s condo coverage does just that.
Westfield Insurance offers policies for cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats and RVs. Let’s take a closer look at your coverage options.
- Auto insurance: Auto insurance covers cars, trucks and SUVs. You can tailor a policy to your needs. Coverage options include:
- Liability: This covers other people and their property if you cause an accident.
- Collision: This covers your vehicle if you are at fault in an accident.
- Comprehensive: This provides coverage in situations that aren’t covered by liability or collision insurance. For example, it covers loss or damage if someone steals your vehicle.
- Medical payments: This coverage helps to pay for medical bills if you or one of your passengers is hurt in an accident.
- Personal injury protection: This helps to cover other costs from an accident, like making up for income lost while you’re recovering.
- Roadside assistance: If you have a breakdown or lock yourself out of your car, you can call for help anytime.
- Gap coverage: This coverage makes up the difference between the value of your car and the amount you owe on your car loan.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage: The driver at fault is usually responsible for the costs of an accident. If that person doesn’t have insurance, you might be hit with unexpected costs. This coverage ensures you’re prepared for more situations.
- Motorcycle insurance: Westfield’s motorcycle insurance includes many of the same coverage options as auto insurance.
- RVs and campers: Westfield provides protection for RVs and campers, including many of the same options as its auto insurance.
- Boat insurance: Westfield’s boat insurance covers your boat, but it covers other things, such as:
- Your personal property
- Towing costs
- Medical costs for yourself and your passengers
- Recovery costs
- Liability costs for fuel spills
Business and Farm Insurance
If you’re a business owner, you’re required to have insurance. Westfield works with businesses in a variety of sectors. It offers insurance packages tailored to each business and industry. Farming is a particularly challenging industry with a high level of risk. Westfield has worked with farmers for decades. Its independent agents can put together an insurance plan that meets the needs of agricultural businesses.
Pricing and Value
Westfield isn’t designed to be discount insurance. It’s not a national company. Instead, Westfield offers value through its customer service. You work with a dedicated agent who can help you at every step of the insurance process. Will it be the cheapest plan on the market? Probably not. If you want reliable coverage and support, it’s worth considering.
Your insurance agent is your first stop for customer service. Your agent can help you make changes to your coverage, update your name and address and answer questions about your policy. If your agent isn’t available, you can call Westfield Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST. The number is 800-243-0210.
Westfield takes a lot of pride in its claims support. It promises caring, personal service. It's been in the insurance business for 170 years, so it has a smooth claims process. If you have any questions or concerns about the process, you can reach out to your agent or connect directly with Westfield.
If you need to file a claim, you can reach out to Westfield at any time. You can call 800-243-0210, option 3. You can also email Westfield at WestfieldCCC@westfieldgrp.com. If you need to file an auto glass claim, call 800-810-3665.
Choosing the Right Policy for You
Choosing a home and auto insurance provider is a big decision. As with any insurance, the best approach is to talk to multiple insurance companies. Get a quote from each company and review each quote carefully. Pay close attention to the deductibles and coverage limits. Your deductible is the amount you pay before your insurance coverage takes over. Your coverage limit is the amount your policy will pay.
Car repairs, home repairs and medical bills are expensive. Bills can cost thousands of dollars. If your expenses exceed your coverage limits, you’re responsible for the difference unless you have umbrella coverage. A high deductible can lower your monthly payments, but it also means you have to pay more if something happens.
Research each company you’re considering. Look for a good reputation when it comes to customer service and claims. After all, that’s why you have a policy in the first place.