Do you feel trapped by debt? Maybe you’re having trouble making your debt payments because money’s tight. Or, you’re tired of throwing your hard-earned money away on loan or credit card interest.
Either way, an online debt course is worth considering and could be precisely what you need to start working toward eliminating those outstanding balances.
Not sure where to start? Benzinga is here to help you find a debt course that suits your needs, budget and busy lifestyle.
Quick Look: Debt Management Courses
Here’s a sneak peek at our top picks:
- Personal Finance: Get Out from Debt Easily by Udemy
- Get Out of Debt Now: Accelerate Debt Elimination by Udemy
- Credit Card Debt: Quick Guide to Eliminate Credit Card Debt by Udemy
- Personal Finance – Get Out of Debt! by Skillshare
- Debt Free Personal Finance: Get Out of Debt With a Strategy by Udemy
- How to Get Out of Debt, Improve Finances and Build a Future by Udemy
- How to Get Out of Debt and Improve Your Credit Score [Simple Steps to a Brighter Future] by Skillshare
- Paying Off Student Loan Debt, The Complete Finance Course by Udemy
- Finance for Everyone: Debt by McMaster University
What Makes a Debt Course Great?
With so many debt courses to choose from, how do you know which are worth the investment? Consider these factors as you evaluate your options to find the best fit.
Led by a Money Guru
You want a debt course that’s facilitated by a personal finance expert. They should have extensive experience teaching others how to responsibly manage their debts. Read the instructor’s biography and reviews to get a feel for their professional experience and teaching style.
The best debt courses are practical and weave real-life examples into the lessons to make them more relatable. It’s also ideal if the presenter shares downloadable content you can use to craft your own debt management plan.
If you’re already saddled down by debt, the last thing you need is a pricey course to add to the list of expenses. So, only consider options that are competitively priced and work for your budget.
Our Top Picks
We’ve conducted extensive research to compile a list of the best online debt courses. Our top picks listed below are from Coursera, Skillshare and Udemy.
The classes are organized by skill level — beginners, intermediate students and advanced students. We’ve also included a description of each course and the enrollment fee to help you make an educated decision.
Best Debt-Management Courses
These online debt courses are well worth your time and money.
Personal Finance : Get Out from Debt Easily
1. Personal Finance: Get Out from Debt Easily by Udemy
Join over 10,000 students who chose this course to navigate the debt maze and learn how to break free once and for all. It is designed for individuals who want to overcome budgeting woes, pay off debts, adopt good financial habits and level up their financial knowledge.
Led by highly-rated Udemy instructor Adnan Hasabi, Personal Finance: Get Out from Debt Easily includes 8 segments:
- Introduction: What to Expect
- The Statistics
- Congrats for Coming This Far
- Let’s Get Some Fuel
- Breaking the Habit
- Creating New Habits
- Paying Off Debt
- Conclusion (2 lectures)
Enroll today for instant access to 36 lectures jam-packed into 1 hour of on-demand video. You will also get a certificate of completion when you reach the finish line.
Get Out of Debt Now- Accelerate Debt Elimination
2. Get Out of Debt Now: Accelerate Debt Elimination by Udemy
Tired of struggling to make debt payments because you’re living check to check? This introductory course from Udemy will teach you how to improve your financial situation and eliminate those pesky debts.
It features 2 hours of on-demand video instruction, 1 article and 3 downloadable resources. Lessons cover the importance of getting out of debt sooner than later, strategies for boosting income and cutting expenses, the best tools for developing a customized debt-repayment plan and more. Plus, there’s guidance for individuals who are dealing with student loan debt or considering bankruptcy.
Get Out of Debt Now: Accelerate Debt Elimination is taught by entrepreneur and finance enthusiast Aja McClanahan. She divides the course into the following sections:
- Introduction – Getting Started
- Your Custom Debt Dump Plan
- Bonus Content Section 1 – Advanced Debt Pay-Off Strategies
- Bonus Content Section 2 – Common Questions and More Information
Get started right away to take the 1st step toward achieving the financial relief you’ve dreamed of. It only takes a few minutes, and the course includes a 30-day, money-back guarantee if you’re unsatisfied for any reason.
Credit Card Debt :Quick Guide to Eliminate Credit Card Debt
3. Credit Card Debt: Quick Guide to Eliminate Credit Card Debt by Udemy
Facilitated by money guru Brian Cliette, Credit Card Debt: Quick Guide to Eliminate Credit Card Debt outlines a practical approach to help you eliminate these balances forever.
It includes lessons on creating a realistic monthly budget that allows you to take care of expenses and tackle credit card debt. You will also learn about the benefits of consolidation and bankruptcy, the cash-only spending system, how to delay instant gratification when considering big-ticket purchases and so much more. The class also covers government grants for debt forgiveness.
When you register, you will get full lifetime access to 38 lectures condensed into 2 hours of on-demand video, 33 articles and 2 downloadable resources. Give the course a test drive today as it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
4. Personal Finance – Get Out of Debt! by Skillshare
In a little under 1.5 hours, this course from Skillshare addresses what it really takes to get out debt and take control of your finances. It’s the perfect fit for individuals who want to eradicate debt to find relief, establish a strong financial foundation and work toward a bright financial future.
Personal Finance – Get Out of Debt! includes 8 in-depth lessons:
- Personal Finance Introduction
- Budgeting Basics Intro
- Fun Money vs. Expenses
- How to Use the On-Track Spreadsheet
- Making Your Money Work for You
- Planning for Retirement
- Saving and Investments Module
There’s no cost to enroll.
Debt Free Personal Finance: Get Out of Debt With a Strategy
5. Debt Free Personal Finance: Get Out of Debt With a Strategy by Udemy
You can learn to knock out your debt with proven strategies and boost your overall financial health in just 1.5 hours. This highly-rated course from Udemy will show you how.
Debt Free Personal Finance: Get Out of Debt With a Strategy consists of 5 core modules:
- Looking into the Future
- Your Current Situation
- Your Debt Reduction Plan
- Must-Have Habits
- Real Strategies to Reduce Your Debt
Instruction is provided by entrepreneur and bestselling author Brennan Zimmer.
It only takes a few minutes to sign up for the class and unlock 19 lectures accessible from your computer, smartphone or another electronic device.
How To Get Out Of Debt, Improve Finances & Build A Future
6. How to Get Out of Debt, Improve Finances and Build a Future by Udemy
How to Get Out of Debt, Improve Finances and Build a Future takes a deep dive into what it really takes to get out of debt. You will discover a fail-proof strategy to develop your own plan to get out of debt, along with positive mindsets and habits you must adopt for your efforts to be successful. Plus, there’s guidance on creating a home-based business to ramp up your income to get out of debt faster.
Here’s a look at the course syllabus:
- Introduction – Welcome to the War On Debt Movement
- Changes to Make In Order to Grow and Succeed Financially
- Assessing and Analyzing Your Current Situation
- The Debt Free Formula – How to Fill Out Your Debt Freedom Planner
- Monetize Yourself – 5 Ways to Turn Your Knowledge and Skills Into a New Income
- Freelancing – Easy Way to Use Your Current Skills
- eCommerce – An Easy Way to Start a Home Business
- Information Products and Online Courses – How to Teach Online
- Affiliate Marketing – Learn About the Affiliate Marketing Business Model
- Offline Marketing – Start a Business By Helping Small Businesses With Marketing
It is co-facilitated by Rod Warren, “Hollywood’s #1 Money Coach” and CEO of Warren Global LLC, and Dave Espino, a lifelong entrepreneur and mentor.
7. How to Get Out of Debt and Improve Your Credit Score [Simple Steps to a Brighter Future] by Skillshare
Entrepreneur Bryan Guerra brings you this popular course on feasible debt management strategies. Unlike many classes on the subject, he also goes the extra mile to cover credit scores, how they are impacted by your debt load and what you can do to increase this 3-digit number.
How to Get Out of Debt and Improve Your Credit Score [Simple Steps to a Brighter Future] is broken down into 9 sections:
- How to Get Out of Debt and Improve Your Credit Score
- Course Layout and Overview
- Approaches to Getting Out of Debt
- Example Plan of Action
- The Importance of Credit
- Components of a Credit Score
- How Fast Will My Credit Rise
- Keeping Records of Your Payments
- Should You Settle Your Balance
You will also create a project toward the end of the course that requires you to retrieve a copy of your credit report to ensure it’s free of inaccuracies.
It’s free to register with a Skillshare trial.
Paying off Student Loan Debt, The Complete Finance Course
8. Paying Off Student Loan Debt: The Complete Finance Course by Udemy
Paying Off Student Loan Debt: The Complete Finance Course is facilitated by personal finance coach Peter Schmitz. He pulls back the curtain on how student loans work, interest calculations, federal vs. private loans and how to refinance or create a custom repayment plan for your student loans.
Here’s a glimpse of the topics covered in the course:
- Overview of the Course
- Understanding Your Student Loans
- Creating Your Student Loan Spreadsheet
- Refinancing Companies
- What to Do Next?
Register today for instant access to 26 lectures jam-packed into 1 hour of on-demand video and 4 downloadable resources. You will also get a certificate of completion when you finish the class.
9. Finance for Everyone: Debt by McMaster University
Finance for Everyone: Debt is a component of the Finance for Everyone Specialization from McMaster University.
It is led by Professor Arshad Ahmad from the DeGroote School of Business and includes 4 modules:
- Welcome and Personal Debt
- Corporate Debt
- Government Debt
- Debt Synthesis
Each module features a series of video lessons, readings and quizzes to ensure you fully grasp the material and get the most from your online learning experience.
Registration is free. Expect to spend 11 hours working through the course.
Get Started with a Debt Course
Depending on how much debt you have, the repayment journey may be more of a marathon than a sprint. However, a course from our list of top recommendations can show you the ropes to expedite the process and remove the stress that comes with not making the progress you desire.
Commit to getting out of debt today and enroll in a class that’s most suitable for you. With hard work and persistence, you will meet your goal and get on the path to a healthier financial future.