Someone with a lot of money to spend has taken a bearish stance on Paycom Software PAYC.
And retail traders should know.
We noticed this today when the big position showed up on publicly available options history that we track here at Benzinga.
Whether this is an institution or just a wealthy individual, we don't know. But when something this big happens with PAYC, it often means somebody knows something is about to happen.
So how do we know what this whale just did?
Today, Benzinga's options scanner spotted 12 uncommon options trades for Paycom Software.
This isn't normal.
The overall sentiment of these big-money traders is split between 41% bullish and 58%, bearish.
Out of all of the special options we uncovered, 3 are puts, for a total amount of $120,880, and 9 are calls, for a total amount of $418,620.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $240.0 to $320.0 for Paycom Software over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is a powerful move while trading options. This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Paycom Software's options for a given strike price. Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Paycom Software's whale trades within a strike price range from $240.0 to $320.0 in the last 30 days.
Paycom Software Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Paycom Software Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 937,328, the price of PAYC is down -2.86% at $291.06.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 89 days.
What The Experts Say On Paycom Software:
- Citigroup has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Paycom Software, which currently sits at a price target of $428.
- Piper Sandler downgraded its action to Overweight with a price target of $399
- Credit Suisse has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Paycom Software, which currently sits at a price target of $395.
- Mizuho has decided to maintain their Neutral rating on Paycom Software, which currently sits at a price target of $350.
- BMO Capital has decided to maintain their Market Perform rating on Paycom Software, which currently sits at a price target of $356.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Paycom Software, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.