A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on Silvergate Capital.
Looking at options history for Silvergate Capital SI we detected 29 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 13% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 86% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 23 are puts, for a total amount of $1,236,731 and 6, calls, for a total amount of $204,157.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $12.5 to $40.0 for Silvergate Capital over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is an insightful way to conduct due diligence on a stock.
This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Silvergate Capital's options for a given strike price.
Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Silvergate Capital's whale activity within a strike price range from $12.5 to $40.0 in the last 30 days.
Silvergate Capital Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Silvergate Capital Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 3,340,937, the price of SI is down -11.1% at $25.91.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 50 days.
What The Experts Say On Silvergate Capital:
- Wedbush has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Silvergate Capital, which currently sits at a price target of $70.
- Wedbush has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Silvergate Capital, which currently sits at a price target of $50.
- B of A Securities downgraded its action to Neutral with a price target of $37
- JP Morgan has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Silvergate Capital, which currently sits at a price target of $50.
- Morgan Stanley has decided to maintain their Equal-Weight rating on Silvergate Capital, which currently sits at a price target of $37.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Silvergate Capital, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.