- Most hemp-derived, pet-and-animal sales occur via the internet, as traditional mass-market pet retailers are yet to carry the products.
- In 2017, total hemp-derived, pet-and-animal product sales reached $13 million, with the market expanding quickly as producers aim to distribute through traditional pet-care channels.
- Pet-and-animal product sales are estimated to reach $125 million by 2022, representing a 5-year CAGR of 57 percent, among the fastest-growing sectors in the CBD market.
- While traditional dog or cat products currently predominate, those targeted for equine and other domesticated animals are on the horizon.
- As pet-and-animal sales have focused on treat supplements and food additives, CBD with anti-anxiety and anti-inflammation properties remain the top-selling segment.
The post Hemp-derived Pet Supplies in the Growing CBD Market appeared first on New Frontier.
Meet the biggest cannabis industry players and make deals that will push the industry forward.
Featuring live company presentations, insider panels, and unmatched access to networking, the Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference is where cannabis executives and entrepreneurs meet.
Join us September 13-14, 2022 at The Palmer House in Chicago, IL.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.