Fintech Focus For July 9, 2021


Quote To Start The Day: “Life is a long lesson in humility.”

Source: James M. Barrie

One Big Thing In Fintech: Derivatives could be the next financial “lego block” to be disrupted by DeFi. To get an idea of how massive the opportunity is, spot trades (stocks, bonds, commodities, etc.) accounted for only 30% of total trading volume in 2019; futures and options drove the other 70%. Whichever way you slice it, the conclusion is clear: there’s a lot of demand for derivatives.

Source: VeradiVerdict

Other Key Fintech Developments:

  • Lightspeed added ex-Stripe exec.
  • Barclays on the future of fintech.
  • Santander latest to block Binance.
  • TP ICAP targeting a secular shift.
  • London fintech funding is soaring.
  • Coincover lands $9.2M Series A.
  • Invstr on financial independence.
  • China central bank targets fintech.
  • Socure unveiled a BNPL solution.
  • Robinhood to pay fine to NYDFS.
  • Liti announces a $5M investment.
  • Bunq raises large Series A round.
  • Google expands fintech ambition.
  • BNY is bolstering digital solutions.
  • Lula insurtech raises $18M round.
  • Equiti implements FlexTrade FX.
  • Monese exploring crypto product.
  • BoA added crypto research team.
  • MobileCoin reached $1B valuation.
  • Hugo raises $2M, eyeing savings.
  • Coast taps $6M for payment tech.
  • Circle to go public in a big SPAC.
  • Clearco added $215M in funding.
  • adds to fintech bets.

Watch Out For This: “When it comes to animal welfare, transport by sea is a big black hole,” said Thomas Waitz, an organic farmer from Austria who is a European parliamentary representative on a committee charged with updating the rules for the cross-border shipping of animals. “Ship transports completely fall outside of any regulations or animal-welfare standards. Public health is at risk if animals are transported in conditions where germs and bacteria can flourish.”

Source: Bloomberg

Interesting Reads:

  • Could Dodge bring muscle to EVs?
  • Fixing the most famous telescope?
  • Update: Global asset management.
  • JPM: Long-term investing principle.
  • Crypto scammers ripping off billions.

Market Moving Headline: “It feels like we have moved from thinking inflation will be transitory, to fearing growth will be transitory,” said Art Hogan, chief market strategist at National Securities.

Source: Bloomberg

Market News and Data brought to you by Benzinga APIs
Posted In: FintechBank of AmericaBinanceBNYBooking.comBunqCircleCoastDodgeGoogleInvstrJPMorgan ChaseLightspeedRobinhoodSantanderStripeTP ICAPVeradiVerdict
Benzinga simplifies the market for smarter investing

Trade confidently with insights and alerts from analyst ratings, free reports and breaking news that affects the stocks you care about.

Join Now: Free!
Fintech Focus Newsletter

Your update on what’s going on in the Fintech space. Keep up-to-date with news, valuations, mergers, funding, and events. Sign up today!