- Who’s Windsor Brokers For?
- Windsor Brokers’ Platform and Tools (4 Stars)
- Windsor Brokers’ Research Offerings (3 Stars)
- Windsor Brokers’ Commissions and Fees (3 Stars)
- Windsor Brokers’ Security (3 Stars)
- Windsor Brokers’ Customer Support (1 Star)
- Windsor Brokers’ Tradable Asset Classes (4 Stars)
- Windsor Brokers’ Ease of Use (4 Stars)
- Examine the Limitations (3 Stars)
Who’s Windsor Brokers For?
Windsor Brokers Ltd. provides service worldwide with the exception of the EU, the U.S. and Belize, while Windsorbrokers.eu provides forex brokerage in the EU member states. Neither company offers their services to U.S.-based clients.
If you’re based in Canada and like to trade forex, CFDs and indices, and especially if you have a working knowledge of the MetaTrader 4 platform and want to continue using it, then Windsor Brokers is a choice to consider if you trade in an Islamic account.
The broker also has an extensive educational section on its website with forex webinars, videos and e-books for traders unfamiliar with the forex market. Active traders can take advantage of Windsor Brokers’ fairly tight dealing spreads in the major currency pairs, as well as customized rebate schemes with flexible payout options. Although you cannot trade stocks, you can trade CFDs on large cap stocks like Apple Inc. and Microsoft.
You can access Windsor Brokers’ website and trading platform in English, Polish, French and Greek for its EU version, and in Arabic, Farsi, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Indonesian, Malaysian, French and Thai on the Windsor Brokers Ltd. site.
Windsor Brokers’ Platform and Tools (4 Stars)
Windsor Brokers uses the MetaTrader 4 trading platform that has become the standard among advanced online trading platforms in the retail forex trading industry. The MT4 platform has an intuitive interface and a dynamic security system, combined with functionality over multiple devices, which makes trading easy, versatile and comfortable.
The versions of the MT4 platform provided by Windsor Brokers include:
- MT4 for PC: As with all versions of MT4, you’ll be able to use the platform’s impressive charting functions with a wealth of indicators and algorithmic trading functionality. MT4 for PC also gives you one-click trading and over 50 technical indicators.
- MT4 Multiterminal: This MT4 version lets you access and manage your multiple accounts in one place. You can manage as many as 100 accounts simultaneously, all with 1click execution. Additionally, you have 3 ways to allocate funds, and you can execute trades and manage your accounts in real time.
- MT4 WebTrader: You can log in and trade from any computer connected to the Internet with the MT4 WebTrader platform. WebTrader works on any device, operating system or browser and provides full access to your account histories. You also get 1-click trading and advanced charting tools.
- MT4 Mobile for iOS and Android: With the MT4 mobile version, you get full MT4 account functionality with 3 types of charts and 30 MT4 technical indicators.
Both novice and experienced traders can easily navigate the MetaTrader 4 platform’s interface.
In addition to the MT4 suite, you can get the multi-device AMO trading platform, which offers more features and is provided to high-volume traders. You get advanced algorithms and trading tools plus in-depth access to news and technical research. Its total customization and real-time streaming quotes and charts make it appealing. The platform is available in desktop, mobile and web-based versions.
Windsor Brokers’ Research Offerings (3 Stars)
Windsor Brokers’ research team specializes in technical and fundamental analysis.
The team consists of a published senior technical analyst; forex, commodities and global markets analyst; and 2 Egyptian analysts specializing in providing services to the broker’s largely Arabic-speaking clientele. The team prepares daily technical and fundamental reports in Arabic.
Trading tools include a Trading Ideas section where you can see the key levels of support and resistance for currency pairs. Also included are levels of major moving averages and momentum and relative strength analysis.
Traders might appreciate an economic calendar, a profit calculator and a news feed. In its Trading Ideas area, you can check out technical analysis and forecasts for all the major forex currency pairs, as well as gold, silver, crude oil and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA).
Windsor Brokers’ Commissions and Fees (3 Stars)
Windsor Brokers’ commissions are taken out of the dealer spread like most forex brokers. It offers a choice of 2 account types with different spreads and other details:
- Prime Trading account: Aimed at the support-oriented trader, this type of account requires a low minimum deposit of $100 and features dealing spreads beginning at 1.0 pip wide on major forex currency pairs. It offers 500:1 maximum leverage with no additional commission on trades, although accounts at en.Windsorbrokers.eu must adhere to 30:1 leverage for EU-based clients. The account also allows hedging with a 50 lot volume restriction per ticket on forex trades, as well as negative balance protection, a personal account manager and free training. You can open this type of account with an Islamic swap-free account option that conforms to Sharia law.
- Zero Trading account: Suitable for the high-volume trader, this account type requires a minimum deposit of $2,500 with dealer spreads starting at 0 pips on major forex currency pairs. Traders are allowed to use up to 500:1 maximum leverage at Windsor Brokers Ltd. and 30:1 for en.Windsorbrokers.eu. They are also charged an $8 commission per round turn trades, and this account type has a 50 lot trade restriction on each forex ticket, negative balance protection and a personal account manager. Unlike the Prime Trading Account, you do not get free training, and there’s no option for an Islamic account available..
Windsor Brokers’ Security (3 Stars)
Although Windsor Brokers accepts clients from Canada, the brokerage has no oversight from Canadian financial industry regulators. Windsor Brokers does have regulatory oversight from the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) in the EU, so it needs to comply with Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) and its recent MiFIR revision. Additionally, the broker is regulated by the Belize International Financial Services Commission (IFSC) and is licensed and regulated in Jordan and the Arabic region by the Jordan Securities Commission (JSC).
Windsor Brokers is governed by the laws of Cyprus, so if you happen to have a dispute with this broker, you will probably need to file your action with the authorities in Cyprus.
Windsor Brokers’ Customer Support (1 Star)
According to its website, Windsor Brokers’ customer support operates 24/5 and can be accessed in multiple languages, including English and Arabic. It says you can also access customer support through 2 email addresses and telephone contacts for its offices in Belize and Jordan. Additionally, the site says it allows contact via social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The website has a live chat tab on the bottom right of the page, but the feature appears to have limited availability, and the staff did not seem very helpful, well-informed or polite when they finally picked up after several attempts. The representative also did not seem to understand English properly, and the broker has received numerous negative online reviews, so you should not expect stellar customer service from this broker.
Windsor Brokers’ Tradable Asset Classes (4 Stars)
Windsor Brokers has a fairly average range of products for an online forex broker that also offers CFD trading. It provides access to trade:
- 45+ major, minor and exotic currency pairs
- Spot gold and silver against the EUR and USD
- Energy CFDs that include natural gas, heating oil, unleaded gasoline, and popular UK and US crude oil contracts
- Soft Commodity CFDs, such as corn, copper, wheat, coffee, soybeans and sugar
- CFDs on spot commodities including US WTI crude oil and UK Brent crude oil
- CFDs on spot stock indices including the Germany 30, UK 100, Dow Jones 30, Mini NASDAQ and Mini S&P
- CFDs on U.S. 10-, 5- and 2-year Treasury notes and German Bund futures
- CFDs on indices include Taiwan 88, Austria 20, China 50, Hong Kong 50, Switzerland 20, EU 50, France 40, Australia 200, Germany 30, Singapore 28, UK 100, US Dollar index, Japan 225, Dow Jones, Mini NASDAQ and Mini S&P 500
- CFDs on major currency pairs including: CAD, JPY, GBP, EUR, CHF and AUD versus the U.S. dollar
- CFDs on gold and silver
- CFDs on high cap stocks like Micron, Microsoft, Intel, Facebook Inc., EBay Inc., Cisco Systems and Apple Inc.
- CFD on Bitcoin
Windsor Brokers’ Ease of Use (4 Stars)
Because of the exclusive use of the MetaTrader and AMO trading platforms, the interface and platforms are intuitive and easy to use for both novice and more experienced traders. Even if you’ve never used the MT4 trading platforms, you could probably learn the basics through the site’s educational area and have a functional knowledge of the platform in an afternoon.
Also, since MT4 lends itself to automated and algorithmic trading, a large market for 3rd-party software and expert advisor programs to automate your trading exists. This lets you incorporate different indicators and trading signals with your trading plan. MT4’s 1-click trading feature and the ability to hedge trades contributes to the platform’s ease of use and flexibility.
Examine the Limitations (3 Stars)
Windsor Brokers provides traders access to an average range of CFDs, with a basic set of major, minor and exotic currency pairs. If you’re looking to trade forex and CFDs, then this broker could be a fit for you. A few negative client reviews posted online could indicate a serious issue with its customer service, however.
Canadian and U.S.-based traders interested in forex trading also might be better suited to select a major and highly reputable international broker like Interactive Brokers or FOREX.com, which have oversight in those countries. Also, Windsor only allows accounts denominated in U.S. dollars, which some traders find limiting or unsuitable.
If you have a preference for an Islamic account and want to speak to your broker in Arabic, Windsor does cater to traders in Arabic countries. It also has an office in Jordan and a research team comprised mostly of analysts from the Middle East.
Although Windsor Brokers meets the basic needs of a CFD and forex trader — who can support English and Arabic — there are better MT4 brokers to consider.