- Small businesses
- Those wanting guidance from a local agent
- Those wanting a package policy
- Access to local agents in your community
- Fast quote process
- Sound practices using modern technology
- Coverages not available in all industries
- Online account access not available for business insurance policies
Farmers Business insurance Ratings at a Glance
|Farmers Business Insurance Coverage Options|
|Farmers Business Insurance Customer Service|
|Farmers Customer Pricing|
|Farmers Business Insurance Mobile App|
|Farmers Business Insurance Overall Rating|
Business insurance is a must for successful business owners. But finding the right business insurance provider can be tough because there are so many options. Are you looking for more information about Farmers Business Insurance? Read about their coverage options, user experience, pricing, benefits and technology capabilities here.
Business owners can choose from a full complement of business insurance coverages available from more than 48,000 licensed agents throughout the U.S.
The suite of coverages includes the following:
- Business property: Coverage for your building and contents and accounts receivable, cash and inventory, equipment breakdown and loss of business income
- General liability: Broad coverage that protects your business against third-party claims of bodily injury or property damage, including claims of bodily injury and property damage, personal and advertising injury, products and completed operations, and medical payments
- Umbrella liability: Pays out when the limits of the underlying liability policy limits are exhausted
- Cyber liability: Coverage that helps protect businesses from online liabilities such as data breaches and copyright infringement
- Commercial auto: Coverage for vehicles used in your business, such as cars, trucks and vans
- Worker’s compensation: Coverage that protects your business if an employee is injured while on the job.
- Employment practices liability: Coverage for businesses that face employment-related claims such as discrimination and wrongful termination.
- Business owners policy (BOP): Combines property and liability coverage into 1 policy
- Hired and non-owned auto liability: Coverage for liability exposures when you or your employees use a hired or non-owned auto for business purposes.
Farmers Business Insurance has been providing quality customer service for more than 90 years. Business owners can speak with their local agents or contact Farmers Business Insurance directly online or by phone. Farmers’ award-winning claims service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to take claims and help business owners. Whether reporting a claim or making changes to a policy, Farmers makes the process simple and easy.
Benzinga gives Farmers Business Insurance 5 stars on customer pricing for business owners looking for a package policy. Its lower-than-average premiums mean you save time and money. Its Business Owners Policy, also known as a BOP, is a package policy typically priced lower than other competitors. Adding workers' compensation coverage provides an additional premium discount on the BOP, so bundling coverage saves you money.
Benzinga takes 1 star away from Farmers Business Insurance for its mobile app ranking because it is limited when getting a quote, paying bills, getting ID cards and reporting claims. Requesting changes to business insurance policies cannot be made on the app. Because of the complex nature of business insurance policies, Benzinga recommends contacting your agent or contacting Farmers Business Insurance online or by phone to make changes to the coverage.
Benzinga gives Farmers Business a perfect score when it comes to user benefits. Farmers Business Insurance makes doing business with the company easy. While its app and website are easy to use and navigate, the real benefit comes from the broad policy features, low premiums, broad coverage options and the well-trained agents who provide local and personal service to business owners.
As far as user experience, Benzinga gives Farmers Business Insurance its best rating. From getting a quote on the app or online to reporting claims, Farmers Business Insurance makes handling insurance easy as 1, 2, 3. Also, it started back in 1928 and has built a prominent reputation. With that said, its online user experience is second to none. From quoting to signing an application to reporting a claim, it can all be done quickly and effortlessly. It is good to know there is a company with more than 90 years of experience that is still current with the way tech-savvy consumers like to do business in 2021.
Farmers Business Insurance Versus Competitors
Benzinga’s research indicates that Farmers competes extremely well compared to its competitors in the marketplace, particularly in the small-business insurance marketplace. The coverages on its policies are often broader than the competition, and the premium is less. Business owners appreciate Farmers’ easy monthly pay as well.
Benzinga gives Farmers Business Insurance an almost perfect score. The only thing holding them back from a perfect score is the lack of ability to request coverage changes using its app. This is minor however, and Benzinga believes business insurance policies are complex and changes are best made after consulting with an agent or company representative.
Overall, Farmers does an excellent job of providing broad coverages with competitive premiums. Moreover, it is easy to get a quote and apply for coverage. It is rare for insurance companies to do well in all those areas.
Business owners want the best value for their insurance dollars. They want a balance between coverage and premium. Farmers Business Insurance does that with its suite of business insurance products. Business owners can choose their way of communicating with the company. They can go through their local agent, online, through the app or by call the company’s number.
Get Started with Farmers Business Insurance
It is easy to get started with Farmers. You can contact a local agent, go online or call the company at 888-327-6335. The choice is yours. Contact Farmers today for a quote on your business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need business insurance?
Business Insurance provides valuable coverage for property and liability losses that business owners likely could not afford if they had to pay out company cash reserves.
Is business insurance expensive?
Business insurance premiums vary based on the type of coverage desired and the limit of insurance. Premiums can start in the 100s of dollars and go up into the 10s of 1,000s of dollars, depending on the risks. Premiums on a BOP are generally more affordable than purchasing separate policies.
What type of insurance is best for small businesses?
The best and most important business insurance for small businesses is general liability, commerical auto insurance, and worker’s compensation.