Bristol West began as a private passenger automobile insurance carrier for Florida residents. Since it began in 1973, it has expanded to offer car insurance policies to residents in 42 other states. It is also a member of the Farmers Insurance Group.
- Getting discounts on your policy
- Personalized assistance via insurance agents
- High-risk drivers who may not be eligible for a policy elsewhere
- Backed by Farmers Insurance Group
- Mobile app can help you make payments and view policy details
- Doesn’t provide much information about its policies on the website
- Doesn’t offer the option to purchase a policy online
It’s important to consider and compare your options if you’re looking for an insurance product, especially auto insurance coverage. This applies whether you’re looking for a standard home insurance policy or an auto insurance policy.
Benzinga is committed to helping you understand your options and how to find the right insurance company and coverage for you. Read our Bristol West insurance review for more information.
Bristol West Insurance Products
Bristol West offers auto insurance policies to a wide range of customers. One of the benefits of using Bristol West is that you may be eligible for a policy even if you are considered a high-risk driver. Have you had more than one recent accident or traffic violation? If so, you may be considered a high-risk driver. In this case, it may become more difficult for you to find a policy. Bristol West may be able to offer you an auto insurance policy even if you have a weak driving record.
Bristol West operates in the way that many small insurance companies do. You work directly with an agent to find and purchase the right coverage options for your auto insurance policy. This is an attractive feature for many people. However, if you’re more comfortable with purchasing a policy online or directly from an insurance company, you may prefer to work with a different company. You must contact an agent to receive a quote through Bristol West. This can also make it more difficult to compare your options without feeling pressured to make a decision.
Available Discounts and Tips to Get the Best Rates
Of course, you’re interested in getting the best rates! First, take your specific needs into consideration. You’ll want to look for a policy that can offer you the right amount and variety of coverage. Once you’ve identified the types and amounts of coverage you need, it’s time to consider discounts. Most insurance companies will ask you questions as they put together your quotes and apply the discounts that you are eligible for. It’s also a good idea to be aware of the discounts yourself so you can ask your insurance agent about them.
Some of the discounts offered by Bristol West include:
- Continuous insurance discounts: Have you kept your insurance going (no gaps in coverage)? You may be eligible for this discount. You could receive this discount even if you were insured by a parent, spouse or someone else for part of your coverage.
- Driving course discounts: Discounts for completing a defensive driving course have become more and more common among auto insurance companies. You can complete a course in person or even find one online. This is a good option to help you refresh your memory regarding defensive driving techniques and general road rules. Classes are often sponsored by groups such as AAA and AARP.
- Homeowner discounts: You’re probably already aware that most insurance companies offer discounts if you bundle multiple policies. But did you know that you may be able to receive a discount on your auto insurance just for owning a home? You’ll probably need to provide proof of homeownership. To do this, you can provide a document such as a copy of your homeowners' insurance policy. If you buy a home after you have started your auto policy, you may also be able to request that the homeownership discount be applied to the auto insurance policy you’re currently carrying.
- Multi-car discounts: Do you own more than one vehicle? If so, consider taking out an auto insurance policy for each one with the same company. You can receive a discount on each policy by doing this. You may also be able to receive the multi-car discount if other members of your household take out a policy for their vehicle with the same insurance company.
- Paperless discounts: Paperless discounts are offered by insurance companies as a way to be more eco-friendly and efficient. You will not be mailed statements or bills for your auto policy if you opt for paperless discounts. Instead, you will review all of your billing and policy documents online.
- Safe driver discounts: Safe driver discounts are common among companies that offer car insurance. This discount incentivizes and rewards good drivers. You may be able to receive this discount after you maintain a clean driving record for a few years. You must not have any accidents and no traffic violations on your record for the period of time required by the insurance company.
- Student discounts: Students can receive discounts on a number of products, including their auto insurance policy. You may be eligible for the student discount if you are a high school or college student younger than 25. You may also be asked to show proof of your “good student status” to receive the discount. You can do this by showing your grade average, standardized test scores, your name on the honor roll, dean’s list or a college degree.
- Vehicle safety feature discounts: Does your vehicle have some important safety features? If so, you may be able to receive a discount on the insurance policy for that vehicle. Some of the safety features that may make you eligible for the vehicle safety feature discount include adaptive cruise control, daytime running lights and lane departure warnings.
Bristol West Insurance Coverage Selections
Bristol West offers a few different coverage selections with each auto insurance policy.
There are two types of liability coverage that comes with your auto insurance policy:
- Bodily injury coverage: You may need to use your bodily injury coverage if you get in an auto accident. You may be found to be at fault in an accident and the person you injured may come to you to help with their medical costs. This part of your auto insurance policy helps you pay for medical costs, lost income and funeral expenses of those who are injured in the accident.
- Property damage coverage: You may also be responsible for the cost to repair any property you damage. An accident involves another vehicle so you may be expected to cover the cost to repair or replace the other person’s damaged vehicle. Your property damage coverage will also cover the cost to repair or replace some other types of property that were involved in your accident.
The medical payments portion of your auto policy provides additional assistance if a car accident occurs. It may be used to help pay for either you or your passengers’ medical expenses, no matter who is found to be at fault in an accident.
This optional coverage is only available in some states.
You may also get into an accident with someone who doesn’t have any liability coverage or not enough. This coverage option on your policy may be able to help you out. You may also be able to use this coverage if the other driver takes off from the scene of the accident.
You may also get into an accident with someone who doesn’t have any liability coverage. This coverage option may be able to help you out. You may also be able to use this coverage if the other driver takes off from the scene of the accident.
Without this coverage, you may have to pay out of pocket for damages and medical expenses not covered by the other driver’s auto insurance policy.
Gap coverage is an optional insurance option that you may want to look into if you have a newer or more expensive vehicle. It may be able to help pay the difference between what you owe on the lease or loan of your vehicle and what the insurance company pays if your car is considered a total loss due to an accident.
Rental Car Reimbursement
This endorsement provides a rental car for you in the event of an accident (your fault or not). Your insurance company will pay for a rental while your car is being repaired due to the accident. This feature has tier levels. This means that you can pick the type of rental car you get based on that tier (small sedan to luxury vehicle).
Roadside assistance coverage may be able to help you if your car breaks down somewhere. Roadside assistance is an optional coverage that you may add to your policy. It may be able to provide you with battery and flat tire service as well as access to a tow truck.
Pricing and Value
The value you can get from Bristol West depends on your auto insurance needs. Typically, Bristol West offers more expensive premiums than some of its competitors. Only you can decide whether the price and value of the insurance policy make sense for you.
Customer Service and Claims Support
You can contact Bristol West’s customer service representatives Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in your local time zone. The phone number you can call to speak with a customer service agent is 1-888-888-0080. You can also call this number at any time (24/7) to make a payment. You’ll need to call a different number for claims support. You can contact claims support at 1-800-274-7865.
Is Bristol West Right for You?
It’s no secret that there are a lot of insurance companies out there. Is Bristol West auto insurance company the best option for you? Get more information by contacting a Bristol West agent or broker.
What's really needed in car insurance?
At a minimum, you should have liability insurance which is required in most states. But to ensure a good foundation, you should also consider uninsured motorist coverage, collission and comprehension coverage as well as medical payments.
What makes insurance higher on a car?
Anytime you have an auto accident or tickets, the premiums on your car insurance will go up.
At what age do car insurance premiums go down?
Car insurance premiums begin to decline once a driver turns 25.
Don't use. Shady, unethical billing