1 Minute ReviewLeave Your Own 1 Minute Review!
Allstate is a traditional insurance company with a range of products, including motorcycle insurance. It’s been in business since 1931, so it’s well-established and has the ability to pay its claims. You have to buy your policy through an Allstate agent, which will be a positive for some and a negative for others. If you’re the type who wants to buy your policy quickly and move on with your life, Allstate isn’t the best choice. If you prefer a traditional approach to insurance, Allstate could be a good choice. This is especially true if you have other policies with Allstate (or if you want to get multiple policies with the insurance provider) so you can take full advantage of the multipolicy discounts.
- People who prefer in-person customer service
- Those who already have an Allstate policy
- You have a dedicated agent
- Other types of coverage are available for multipolicy discounts
- You have to buy your policy through an agent
Rated A+ by AM Best, Allstate offers financial stability and a traditional approach to insurance. If you prefer having the assistance and advice of an insurance agent, Allstate could be a good choice for your motorcycle insurance. Learn more in this Allstate motorcycle insurance review.
Table of Contents [Show]
- Allstate Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Selections
- Allstate Motorcycle Insurance Add-Ons and Riders
- Allstate Motorcycle Insurance Pricing
- Allstate Motorcycle Insurance Customer Service
- Allstate Motorcycle Insurance Mobile App
- Allstate Motorcycle Insurance Claims
- Allstate Motorcycle Insurance Discounts
- Allstate Motorcycle Insurance Overall Rating
- Allstate Motorcycle Insurance vs Competitors
- Frequently Asked Questions
Allstate offers a wide range of comprehensive motorcycle coverage options.
- Bodily injury liability coverage: This coverage helps to cover the medical costs of other parties if you’re found to be responsible for an accident. Note that this doesn’t cover your own medical costs if you’re injured.
- Property damage liability: If you’re found to be at fault in an accident, this helps to cover damage to the property of others, including their vehicles, homes, fences and other structures. This doesn’t cover damage to your motorcycle. You’re required to have both types of liability coverage in most states.
- Medical payments coverage: This helps to cover medical expenses for you or your passengers.
- Personal injury protection: This covers medical expenses for you and your passengers as well as other expenses like lost wages. Some states require medical payments or personal injury protection coverage.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This helps to cover expenses if you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver. This includes hit-and-run accidents. This coverage is also required by some states.
- Collision coverage: This covers damage to your motorcycle if you’re involved in an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers damage to your bike that’s not from an accident. It covers losses resulting from fire, theft, vandalism, wind and more.
- Towing and labor coverage: You can opt for this coverage to help with the cost of towing your bike if it breaks down or if you’re involved in an accident.
- Rental reimbursement coverage: If you need a vehicle while your bike’s in the shop, this coverage helps you rent one.
- Transport trailer coverage: If you use a trailer to transport your bike, this coverage is worth considering. It helps with damage to the trailer from accidents, rollovers, vandalism and more.
- Gap coverage: If you finance your vehicle and it’s totaled, this coverage helps with the gap between the value of your vehicle and what you owe on your lease or loan.
- Added equipment coverage: Allstate includes $1,000 in coverage for custom parts, and you can purchase up to $30,000 in additional coverage.
Allstate also has a few options that it considers upgrades. One is the Rider Protection Package. It doesn’t offer a lot of details on the coverage, but it does mention death and dismemberment coverage as well as cash benefits in the event of an injury.
It also offers New Motorcycle Extended Protection. Again, it doesn’t offer a lot of details, but it does say it “gives you a new bike” if your new motorcycle is totaled.
It also has First Accident Waiver, which means your premium won’t increase because of your 1st accident. While this sounds good on the surface, its requirements for the waiver are fairly strict. For example, your policy needs to be at least 48 months (4 years) old. You also can’t be charged with any major traffic violation related to the accident.
Allstate Motorcycle Insurance Pricing
Allstate motorcycle insurance prices aren’t publicly available. This makes sense as quotes are tailored to the individual. The cost of your insurance coverage depends on your age, where you live, how much riding experience you have, the type of bike you ride, how often you ride and more.
Your best resource for assistance is your Allstate agent. Your agent knows your policy and can help you update information, file claims and make changes to your policy. You can also make changes using your online Allstate account or the mobile app.
You can also reach Allstate by phone at 1-800-669-1552.
The Allstate mobile app has high ratings in the Apple App Store. Its ratings in the Google Play Store aren’t as good, but it also has significantly fewer downloads.
It offers digital ID cards, the ability to file claims, pay bills, roadside assistance and the ability to contact your agent right from the app. You can also view your policy documents in the app and create a record of your personal property, called Allstate Digital Locker, if you have homeowners or renters insurance.
Allstate offers several options for filing and tracking claims. You can file a claim using your Allstate online account. You can also file a claim and easily upload pictures using the Allstate app.
Your agent can also assist you with filing a claim. Agents can be an excellent resource for walking you through the process. You can also call 1-800-255-7828 for assistance.
Allstate offers the discounts most insurance companies offer. Its Good rider Discount takes 60 months (5 years) to earn, which saves you money if you go that long without anything more than a small violation. You do receive a discount for switching to Allstate from another insurance company. You also receive discounts for:
- Insuring multiple motorcycles with Allstate
- Multi-policy discount
- Good Rider Discount
- Policy transfer discount when switching from another provider
- Early signing discount if you switch coverage more than 7 days before your current policy ends
- Belonging to a riding organization like the Harley Owners Group or Honda Riders Club of America
- Passing a motorcycle safety course
- Setting up automatic payments
- Paying in full
If you’re looking for comprehensive coverage with a wide range of discounts, Allstate is a solid choice, especially if. you have other types of insurance through them. And, you prefer working with an agent, Allstate is your best bet. Allstate is well-established and has excellent financial ratings. Allstate also offers other lines of insurance, like life and home insurance, so you can have multiple policies in one place. And you may be able to get discounts for bundling coverage.
Allstate Motorcycle Insurance vs Competitors
Allstate is very similar to other traditional insurance carriers. Many sell their policies through agents. This allows you to get personalized advice and recommendations, but it also slows down the process. Like other traditional carriers, it’s made steps to modernize. For example, it offers a useful mobile app.
Allstate doesn’t have some of the features of newer competitors, also known as insurtech companies. These companies use technology to disrupt the insurance industry. You can typically buy a policy without speaking to an agent and get better rates through their lower overhead and data usage. Some companies offer innovative options for auto insurance, including pay-by-the-mile, but these may not be available to motorcycle riders (yet).
Like any financial purchase, the best option is to compare Allstate’s motorcycle insurance coverage to at least 2 or 3 other companies. See which has the features you need at an affordable price.
Dairyland is an auto and motorcycle insurance provider offering policies throughout the United States. Although the company isn’t available in every state, it’s an affordable choice for anyone who lives within its service area. In our review, Dairyland offers among the most affordable quotes for a 1-year policy. The company also maintains a high number of positive reviews on sites like Trustpilot and its generous discounts can lower your premiums even further.
- Riders looking for the most affordable motorcycle insurance available
- Riders looking for a wide range of coverage options
- Exceptionally affordable insurance options; very low quote for a 1-year policy
- Wide range of policies and add-on protections available
- Easy, guided claims process assisted by a representative
- Simple mobile app that allows you to track your claims and benefits
- High number of positive customer reviews
- Not currently available in all states
- Fewer discounts available than some competitors
Progressive is the top provider of motorcycle insurance in the nation. It’s the preferred choice of over 30% of riders and offers flexible policies that can be tailored to fit your needs.
Whether you have a custom, touring, dirt bike, ATV or some other bike, you can get the coverage you need at a price you can afford.
This in-depth review takes a closer look at Progressive’s motorcycle insurance.
- Coverage for vandalism, theft, collisions and more
- Supplemental coverages
- Customizable policies
- Affordable premiums
- Extensive standard coverages
- Discounts to help you save
- Refunds can be denied for canceled policies
- Delayed repairs during the claims process
If you own a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, you may want to protect your vehicle with a unique policy from Harley-Davidson Insurance. Harley-Davidson Insurance offers policies for nearly every type of motorcycle, and you can even claim a policy that provides enhanced protections for any upgrades you’ve made to the vehicle. If your motorcycle is your primary form of transportation, you’ll love Harley-Davidson Insurance’s rental replacement coverage option.
However, these unique policies come at a price — in our review, policies from Harley-Davidson Insurance were significantly more expensive than most competitors. The cost of your policy might be offset by Harley-Davidson’s generous list of discounts, available for everything from brand loyalty to experience on the road.
- Riders with custom bikes that need extra protection
- Riders who use their motorcycle as their primary form of transportation
- Riders who want additional coverages beyond state-minimum requirements
- Wide range of coverages available
- Generous number of discounts; special discounts unique to Harley-Davidson owners
- More expensive than competitors
- Cannot bundle together auto and motorcycle insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
Is motorcycle insurance required?
Most states require motorcycle insurance. Some states require it for mopeds and/or scooters as well. The exact requirements vary, so contact your state’s department of motor vehicles for specific information.
Does Allstate motorcycle insurance cover theft?
Allstate motorcycle insurance does cover theft if you opt for comprehensive coverage. This coverage is optional, and it’s typically not required by states. It covers a range of situations, though, including fire, vandalism and theft, so it’s worth considering.
What is Allstate’s motorcycle insurance phone number?
Money-saving Motorcycle Insurance
Harley-Davidson Insurance Services provides services as a trusted motorcycle insurance agency that knows all about the motorcycle lifestyle. The company stands behind its policies with industry-leading services, coverage and support. You’ll also get money-saving motorcycle insurance discounts and experienced customer service and claims support.