Progressive is the top provider of motorcycle insurance in the nation. It’s the preferred choice of over 30% of riders and offers flexible policies that can be tailored to fit your needs.
Whether you have a custom, touring, dirt bike, ATV or some other bike, you can get the coverage you need at a price you can afford.
This in-depth review takes a closer look at Progressive’s motorcycle insurance.
- Coverage for vandalism, theft, collisions and more
- Supplemental coverages
- Customizable policies
- Affordable premiums
- Extensive standard coverages
- Discounts to help you save
- Refunds can be denied for canceled policies
- Delayed repairs during the claims process
Your motorcycle is among your list of prized possessions. You go the extra mile to keep it in stellar shape, so you want insurance coverage that doesn’t cut corners.
There are tons of motorcycle insurance companies to choose from, but Progressive is worth considering. It offers coverages that can help protect your investment — and your wallet.
Who’s Progressive Motorcycle Insurance For?
Progressive motorcycle insurance is ideal for bikers seeking comprehensive, affordable coverage. You can also purchase supplemental coverages for added protection.
Progressive Motorcycle Insurance Policy Types
Below are the different types of Progressive motorcycle insurance policies:
- ATVs and UTVs
- Custom bikes
- Dirt bikes
- Scooters and mopeds
- Touring bikes
- Vintage bikes
Progressive Motorcycle Insurance Policy Options
All Progressive motorcycle insurance policies include the following coverages:
- Bodily injury and property damage liability: If you are held liable in a motorcycle accident, it covers injuries sustained by others, vehicle damages and any legal expenses from a lawsuit.
- Comprehensive and collision coverage: Comprehensive coverage kicks in if your motorcycle is vandalized, damaged as a result of a crash or fire or if it’s stolen. And collision coverage takes care of repair or replacement costs if you’re involved in an accident. A deductible applies.
- Medical payments: This coverage pays for the medical bills for both parties involved in an accident, even if you’re not at fault.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage: This protection is a saving grace if you’re involved in an accident and the responsible party doesn’t have adequate coverage. If they refuse to cover the damages out-of-pocket, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage takes care of motorcycle damages, medical bills and lost wages if you’re unable to work.
- Accessories and custom parts or equipment: The covered amount is limited to $3,000, or you can purchase up to $27,000 in additional coverage for a fee. Also, know that you will have to pay a deductible if you file a claim.
- OEM parts: This coverage comes standard with all policies that have comprehensive and collision protection. Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts will be used for repairs as long as your bike had OEM parts before the incident. How about custom parts? The same rule applies, and Progressive will provide custom parts for covered repairs.
If you want to beef up your policy, you can add these extra coverages:
- Carried Contents® coverage: Your personal belongings deserve protection, too. By adding this coverage, you can have peace of mind knowing your goods like phones, hunting gear and camping equipment are covered if damaged, lost or stolen.
- Enhanced injury protection: With enhanced injury protection, Progressive will pay you up to $250 weekly for 24 consecutive months. If you pass away from a motorcycle accident, each beneficiary will receive $25,000.
- Total loss coverage for a new motorcycle: You can add this coverage onto your new policy if your bike is under 1 model year old. If you’re an existing policyholder, your bike must be 2 model years old or younger and the coverage can be added during the renewal period. You’ll be responsible for paying the deductible if you file a claim.
- Roadside assistance and trip interruption: Get fee-free towing to the closest repair shop in the U.S. or Canada with roadside assistance. If your trip is interrupted, you could be reimbursed up to $500 for hotel, transportation or food costs.
- Disappearing deductible: This add-on entitles you to a 25% discount on your deductible if you go without a claim for a set period. If you do need to file a claim, your deductible won’t skyrocket when it’s time to renew your policy. The deductible will revert back the initial amount. A disappearing deductible is only available in select states, so inquire to learn more.
Available Discounts and Tips on Getting the Best Rates
Although Progressive offers some of the lowest motorcycle insurance rates in the industry, it’s worthwhile to take advantage of the additional discounts offered. Here’s a brief description of each:
- Advance quote discount: This applies when your policy start date is 1 or more days after you retrieve the initial quote.
- Automatic bill pay discount: If you have an active checking account and enroll in automatic bill pay, you could save even more on your policy.
- Association member discount: Members of the Harley Owners Group or United Services Automobile Association (USAA) receive discounts on motorcycle coverage.
- Homeowner discount: This applies to all homeowners, even if your home insurance policy isn’t insured with Progressive.
- Motorcycle endorsement discount: You may be eligible for a discount if you add an endorsement to your driver’s license or retrieve a motorcycle license.
- Multi-policy discount: This is available for policyholders who also carry boat, car, home or RV insurance with Progressive.
- On-time payment discount: You’ll earn this built-in discount for policyholders if you make timely payments.
- Pay-in-full discount: Lower premiums are given to customers who pay their policy upfront.
- Responsible driver discount: This applies if you’ve been violation- or accident-free in the last 3 years.
- Safety course discount: You may be eligible for reduced premiums upon completion of an approved safety course.
- Transfer discount: This is a thank you discount for choosing to bring your business to Progressive.
Progressive also offers accident forgiveness to help you save even more on your motorcycle insurance policy. Here’s how it works:
- Small accident forgiveness keeps your premiums intact if you file a claim and it’s $500 or less.
- Large accident forgiveness allows you to avoid premium increases if you are involved in an accident, but you must be a Progressive customer for 4 years or more and accident-free for at least 3 years.
Progressive Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Selections
Progressive doesn’t believe in one-size-fits-all policies. When you apply for coverage, you’ll have the option to customize a policy and add supplemental coverages you need to best suit your needs.
Regardless of the bike, all policies come standard with:
- Bodily injury and property damage coverage
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage
- Comprehensive and collision coverage
- Medical payments
Need to connect with customer service? You have 3 options.
- Use the Chat Now feature with Flo, the customer service bot. She’s available 24/7 to answer your questions.
- Call the general customer service hotline at 1-888-671-4405. Representatives are standing by 24/7 to help you retrieve a quote, adjust your policy, file a claim, send roadside assistance and more.
- Send an email by logging into your account. If you’re not a customer, you can submit an inquiry directly from the contact page.
Motorcycle policyholders can file a claim online through the dashboard, mobile app or by phone at 800-776-4737. Once the claim is filed, here’s what happens next:
- A claims representative reaches out to explain the claims process and schedule an inspection.
- The claims representative reaches out to discuss the estimate for repairs and shares your portion of the bill, if necessary. The claims representative will let you know whether your bike is a total loss.
- Repairs are scheduled and completed. You have the option to forgo repairs in exchange for a check for the estimated cost, minus the deductible.
Progressive provides real-time updates on the status of your claim through the online portal. Or you can call at any time of the day or night to speak with someone regarding your claim.
Pricing and Value
Progressive boasts annual premiums as low as $75 for basic liability policies in select states, which is a value for the level of coverage you’ll receive. The rates are some of the lowest in the industry.
Consider a Motorcycle Insurance Policy from Progressive
Join millions of other motorcyclists who’ve chosen Progressive to meet their insurance needs. Get a fast, free quote today. Enter your ZIP code and you’ll receive a response in under a minute.
Submit Your One Minute Opinion
Money-saving Motorcycle Insurance
Harley-Davidson Insurance Services provides services as a trusted motorcycle insurance agency that knows all about the motorcycle lifestyle. The company stands behind its policies with industry-leading services, coverage and support. You’ll also get money-saving motorcycle insurance discounts and experienced customer service and claims support.