Want to claim 12 FREE stocks? Head over to Webull to get started.
Moderna applied to authorize its coronavirus vaccine for emergency use on Monday, November 30. The first injections may be given as early as December 21 if approval is granted by the Food and Drug Administration.
Moderna says its vaccine, developed in collaboration with government researchers from the Vaccine Research Center at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, is 94.1% effective.
Moderna also says its vaccine is also 100% effective at preventing severe disease resulting from the coronavirus.
How to Buy Moderna Inc. Stock
Moderna traded its shares publicly in 2018 and the company had the largest biotech IPO ever in American history. Traders who bought Moderna shares in the past are among the biggest gainers in 2020, particularly with its newest vaccine news. Read on to learn how to buy Moderna stock now.
Pick a Brokerage
Most people feel comfortable and choose to invest through a brokerage. A broker acts as the intermediary between you and the stock market. There are different types you can choose from and each provides different benefits:
- Discount brokers provide an affordable option if you don’t need much support. You won’t find investment advice or review your portfolio with a discount broker. You’ll make investment and trading decisions completely on your own.
- Full-service brokers can provide comprehensive advice and guidance. Expect to meet with your broker to discuss your investment goals. Full-service brokerages can help you research investments with your goals in mind and offer you personalized advice.
We encourage investors who use full-service brokers to consider using a broker that has a fiduciary duty.
You can consider the following questions to narrow your search:
- What are your investment needs?
- What are the available features in the brokerage firm and are they useful to you?
- How much will you pay in fees?
- What is the broker’s platform like?
- Does the broker offer any educational materials?
- What banking options does the online broker have?
- How responsive is customer support?
If you need more support, go with a full-service broker. Discount brokers offer less guidance but can be an inexpensive way to get started.
It’s always a good idea to research your broker or brokerage firm to better understand the services offered. Online reviews can provide feedback if you don’t have a personal recommendation from someone you know and trust.
- Best ForInternational Trading
- Best ForIntermediate Traders and Investors
- Best ForTrading Ideas
- Best ForMomentum traders
- Best ForActive Traders
- Best ForFutures Trading
Watch Stock Price
It’s important to stay updated on the stock prices but avoid checking them like social media posts. Stocks are long-term investment options and constantly checking stock prices could cause anxiety.
Instead, focus on news or updates related to Moderna that could affect the long-term price of the company's stock price.
Moderna Inc. Stock History
Moderna was founded in 2010 and has worked to build the industry's leading mRNA technology platform. mRNA medicines take advantage of normal biological processes to express proteins and create a desired therapeutic effect. This enables the potential treatment of a broad spectrum of diseases that can’t be addressed with current technologies.
Moderna stocks have been rising steadily since May 2020 when the company announced positive results on its COVID-19 vaccine. Moderna immediately saw a 30% increase in stock price and announced Phase 2 of its trial vaccine program at the end of May 2020.
Pros to Buying Moderna Stock
The main pro of Moderna stock is the company is in the thick of progress against COVID-19. When the company announced positive results from its Phase 1 trial, Moderna shares jumped by 25.1%. The company recently completed enrollment for its Phase 2 COVID-19 vaccine study. This has also caused the stock price to rise. Its Phase 3 study is on track to start in July. Enthusiasm over the vaccine has pushed stock up 216% year-to-date. Analysts have a positive projection for Moderna.
It's great news for Moderna stock enthusiasts as coronavirus cases have surged. Health officials have warned that the numbers may grow even worse in the coming weeks because of Thanksgiving travel and gatherings. In November alone, 4 million new cases and 25,500 deaths occurred in the United States.
Cons to Buying Moderna Stock
Moderna can’t be described yet as a sure bet for potential investors. Moderna has never offered stocks under $5, but it’s known for making big promises and then failing to deliver.
- In 2015, Moderna announced it was working to develop a Zika virus vaccine and had secured funding. To date, the company still hasn’t presented a Zika vaccine.
- In 2017, Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel announced that in 5 years the company would have "2 times as many drugs in the clinic than anybody else in the world." Moderna currently has 22 vaccines in development and only a few are in Phase 2 trial stages.
- Moderna has competition. As other biotech companies scramble to find a vaccine, Moderna is one of a lot of companies that are working toward a vaccine.
Are Moderna Stocks on the Rise?
Moderna could be your ticket to big money if its COVID-19 vaccine is successful. All investments surrounding the coronavirus have the potential for profit.