1 Minute Review
Dairyland is an auto and motorcycle insurance provider offering policies throughout the United States. Although the company isn’t available in every state, it’s an affordable choice for anyone who lives within its service area. In our review, Dairyland offers among the most affordable quotes for a 1-year policy. The company also maintains a high number of positive reviews on sites like Trustpilot and its generous discounts can lower your premiums even further.
- Riders looking for the most affordable motorcycle insurance available
- Riders looking for a wide range of coverage options
- Exceptionally affordable insurance options; very low quote for a 1-year policy
- Wide range of policies and add-on protections available
- Easy, guided claims process assisted by a representative
- Simple mobile app that allows you to track your claims and benefits
- High number of positive customer reviews
- Not currently available in all states
- Fewer discounts available than some competitors
Table of Contents [Hide]
Dairyland offers 16 unique types of motorcycle insurance. Let’s take a look at the types of coverages this insurer offers to motorcyclists.
- Bodily injury liability insurance: Bodily injury liability insurance is a type of protection that helps pay for the medical bills of anyone you injure during an accident. This coverage will not compensate you for your own medical bills — only those of other drivers or bystanders who you injure. Bodily injury liability insurance is required to drive a motorcycle in most states.
- Property damage liability insurance: Property damage liability insurance compensates anyone whose property you damage during a collision. Like bodily injury liability insurance, property damage liability insurance is required in most states but doesn’t provide protection to you as the motorcycle owner.
- Collision insurance: Collision insurance compensates you for damage done to your vehicle if you’re involved in an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: This coverage compensates you if your vehicle is damaged in a way that doesn’t involve a collision. For example, if your car is stolen or vandalized, comprehensive coverage would help you pay for a replacement or repair.
- Guest passenger insurance: Guest passenger insurance helps cover the costs of medical bills your guest passengers incur if you’re involved in an accident.
- Medical expenses insurance: Medical expenses insurance helps you pay for medical bills that your health insurance won’t cover following an accident.
- Optional equipment insurance: This insurance offers enhanced compensation to cover the cost of any add-ons or upgrades you’ve made to your vehicle after an accident.
- Personal injury protection: Personal injury protection helps you cover the cost of medical bills and lost wages, no matter who is found to be at-fault for a collision. This is required protection in some states.
- Physical damage plus. The physical damage plus add-on ensures that you receive replacement parts new from your motorcycle manufacturer.
- Rental reimbursement insurance: Rental reimbursement insurance helps you pay for the cost of a replacement motorcycle while yours is repaired. This can be useful protection if your motorcycle is your only mode of transportation.
- Replacement cost coverage: This coverage compensates you for the full cost of a replacement vehicle if your motorcycle is deemed a total loss after a collision.
- Roadside assistance: Roadside assistance offers you 24/7 towing and roadside services. This protection can be useful if you run out of gas on the road, your motorcycle breaks down far away from home or you lose the keys to your bike.
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury insurance: This insurance compensates you if you’re injured in an accident with a driver who’s on the road without insurance.
- Underinsured motorist bodily injury insurance: This insurance compensates you for additional medical bills not covered by another driver’s insurance or your health insurance after a collision.
- Uninsured motorist property damage insurance: This type of insurance compensates you for damage to your vehicle if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have insurance.
- Underinsured motorist property damage insurance. This type of insurance covers the difference in vehicle repair bills if you’re involved in a collision with a driver who has less insurance than is needed to fully repair your motorcycle.
Coverage availability and minimums may vary by state.
Dairyland offers coverage for the following motorcycle types:
- Sport touring
- Dirt bike
- Dual purpose
Dairyland also offers automobile coverage for cars and trucks.
One way that motorcycle insurance companies make it easier to pay your insurance premiums is by offering discounts. Dairyland motorcycle insurance policyholders can currently take advantage of the following discounts:
- Multi-cycle discount: If you need to insure more than 1 motorcycle, you can save money on each policy when you purchase multiple policies through Dairyland.
- Homeownership discount: If you own your home and you have homeowner’s insurance, you can enjoy a discount on your motorcycle insurance.
- HOG membership discount: Do you have a Harley-Davidson motorcycle? Are you a member of the Harley Owners Group (HOG)? If you are, you can claim a discount on your Dairyland motorcycle insurance.
- Loyalty discount: If you’ve been a Dairyland policyholder for more than 1 year, you can claim a loyalty discount when you renew your policy.
- Riders’ club discount: If you’re a member of a riders’ club or motorcycle association, you may qualify for a discount.
- Rider course completion discount: After taking and passing an approved motorcycle safety course offered by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation, you qualify for a discount on your Dairyland motorcycle insurance.
- Transfer discount: You can even save when you transfer your current motorcycle insurance policy from a competitor to Dairyland.
In our review, Dairyland offered us one of the most affordable motorcycle insurance policies. Dairyland quoted us $194.80 for our coverage compared to $758 annually from Liberty Mutual and $700 annually from AAA. This can make Dairyland an excellent choice if you’re looking for the most affordable way to insure your motorcycle.
Dairyland customers seem to be satisfied overall with the service they receive from Dairyland. On the review website Trustpilot, Dairyland currently holds an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. About 74% of the 4,411 policyholders who reviewed the insurance provider gave the company 5 out of 5 stars.
Let’s take a look at what a few previous Dairyland policyholders had to say about the service and coverage they received. Though reviews may have been edited for clarity or length, they have not been altered.
[Great] staff, [very] helpful and friendly service would recommend to others. — Daniel P., 8/1/2020, Trustpilot, 5 stars.
This is the third policy I’ve obtained through Dairyland Insurance Company! Representatives are always extremely helpful, rates seem to be quite low. (Even for higher risk policies such as SR-22) Top Notch Company. Will continue to do business with them for my foreseeable future. – Lucas W., 7/25/2020, Trustpilot, 5 stars.
I’ve just started with Dairyland but for [a] 6 month policy… [they are] saving me over $600 compared to my old policy with my old insurance company… Thank you for putting so much money back. – Michael Williams, 7/23/2020, Trustpilot, 5 stars.
Contact Dairyland’s customer service team using one of the methods listed below.
- By phone. To speak to a representative by phone, call 800-334-0090. Customer service hours for policy questions are not specified.
- By email. To message a representative online, fill out a request for the contact form on Dairyland’s website.
Here’s what you can expect when you file a claim through Dairyland:
- Call a representative at 800-334-0090. Dairyland offers 24/7 claims processing for motorcycle insurance policyholders.
- Dairyland connects you with a motorcycle insurance specialist who will then explain your policy to you and decide on the best course of action.
- If your policy covers your current claim, your representative will assist you in filing your claim and completing the necessary paperwork.
You can then track the status of your claim online or through the Dairyland mobile app.
The Dairyland mobile app is available as a free download for both Apple and Android devices. Some of the features you can access through the app include:
- Make and schedule premium payments.
- Track the status of your outstanding claims.
- Schedule text or email reminders when your payment is due.
- Access your account information and update your personal info as needed.
- View your ID cards and review your policy information.
- Add another vehicle onto your current policy or learn more about policy options.
Overall, Dairyland is an excellent choice for anyone who’s looking for the perfect balance between affordability and comprehensive motorcycle coverage. With a wide range of coverage options and very low pricing, almost everyone will be able to find a Dairyland policy that works with their ride and their home’s budget. We also love Dairyland’s mobile app, which offers complimentary services for policyholders to review their documentation and process claims on-the-go.
The best way to make sure that you’ve got the right motorcycle insurance for your needs is to claim multiple online quotes from competing insurance providers before selecting a policy. Claim at least 3 quotes online before you choose — you never know how much you might be able to save with just a little research.