IBM 2Q Results: Revenues Fall, Profits Gain
IBM (NYSE: IBM) reported better than expect top and bottom line results in the second quarter.
The company earned 3 cents above what the street expected, recording $4.32 per share on revenues of $24.40B. Gross Margins reached 49.1%.
Segment revenues were reported as follows:
- Business service revenue came in at $4.53B,
- Softweare segment recorded $6.49B in revenue,
- Systems and technology segment revenues were $3.33B,
- Financing segment revenues were $504M,
- Technology segment notched revenues of $9.41B.
Globally IBM reports:
- American revenues of $10.6B,
- EMEA revenues of $7.9B,
- Asia-Pacific revenue fell to $5.3B.
Overall IBM has seen revenues fall while posting profits.
IBM shares traded down ~1.3 percent after hours on Thursday.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.