Pet insurance can help you pay for unexpected veterinary expenses if your pet contracts an illness or sustains an injury. Figo Pet Insurance is a leading pet insurance provider, offering a variety of coverage levels for both cats and dogs.
You can customize your insurance by adjusting reimbursement percentages and deductibles to fit your needs, and claims are paid out exceptionally fast. Figo customers also have 24/7 access to a veterinary assistance line, which can help pet owners manage an emergency with expert care.
- Cat and dog owners
- Pet owners looking for unlimited annual benefits
- Pet owners in need of customizable policy options
- Streamlined, straightforward application process
- No need to get a new exam if your pet has had one in the past 12 months
- Up to 100% reimbursement available
- Option to add unlimited annual benefits
- Diagnostic veterinary visits not included under standard plans
Figo Pet Insurance Ratings at a Glance
|Minimum Coverage||$5,000 annually|
|Maximum Coverage||Unlimited annual coverage|
|Eligible Ages||At least 8 months old, no upper limit|
|Eligible Animals||Cats, dogs|
|# of Plan Options||3|
Figo offers 3 tiers of pet insurance, with the only difference between the tiers being the total dollar amount that you can claim in benefits each year. Policyholders can choose between the following coverage limits:
- Unlimited coverage
When you sign onto a pet insurance policy, you’ll pay a set dollar amount per month to maintain your coverage, referred to as your premium. You’ll also choose the following terms that influence how much you’ll need to pay for your pet’s coverage when you sign up for benefits.
- Reimbursement percentage: Your reimbursement percentage is the total amount of coverage that your pet insurance plan will cover after you reach your deductible. You’ll be responsible for any payments accrued beyond your reimbursement percentage. For example, if you receive a $1,000 veterinary care bill and you have a pet insurance plan with an 80% reimbursement percentage, your insurance will cover $800 of this bill, leaving you to pay the remaining $200.
Figo Pet Insurance allows you to choose between a 70%, 80%, 90% or 100% reimbursement percentage. Higher reimbursement percentages are not combinable with lower deductibles. You cannot choose 100% reimbursement with Figo’s Unlimited Annual Benefit plan, regardless of your chosen deductible.
- Deductible: Your deductible is the total amount of money you need to spend towards your pet’s health care costs before your insurance “kicks in” and begins covering your bills. For example, if you choose a plan with a $500 deductible, you’ll need to cover $500 worth of your pet’s medical care costs before your insurance will pay for anything. Once your deductible is met, you’ll only be responsible for paying anything not covered by your chosen reimbursement percentage.
Figo Pet Insurance allows you to choose between a $100, $250, $500 or $750 deductible. Lower deductibles are not available for older pets, and you may not be able to choose a higher reimbursement percentage if you select a low deductible. Selecting a higher deductible lowers the cost that you’ll pay per month for coverage.
All plans include the following coverages:
- New illnesses and accidents
- Diagnostic tests related to illnesses and accidents
- FDA approved prescription medications
- Surgeries, prosthetics, chronic conditions, emergency services and advanced treatments
- Live veterinarian chat line access 24/7
- Chronic conditions
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
- Knee conditions, including ACL after a 6-month waiting period
- Hip dysplasia after a 6-month waiting period
- Emergency services
- Medically necessary prolonged observation or treatment at the veterinary clinic related to a covered illness or injury
- Cancer treatment
- Prescription medications
- Laboratory and diagnostic testing
- Non-routine dental (does not cover routine dental treatments)
- Mobility devices
- Behavioral training and medication for behavioral problems up to $500
- Holistic and alternative treatments
You can also add the following optional coverages to any plan.
- Extra care pack: The extra care pack perk includes coverage for final respects (up to $250 for cremation and burial), lost pet advertising and awards, vacation cancellation due to pet emergency, boarding fees, pet theft or loss due to straying (up to $150) and third-party property damage liability (up to $10,000 per policy period).
- Veterinary exam fees: This benefit is to help cover exam or consultation fees associated with the diagnosis and treatment of your pet for an eligible illness or accident. It does not include coverage for routine wellness visits; however, you do have the option to add wellness coverage to compensate you for the cost of routine care.
- Wellness coverage: Wellness coverage helps you pay for the cost of routine care that keeps your pet healthy. For example, wellness coverage can help cover the costs of annual vet exams not related to a specific injury, routine blood work and heartworm prevention.
The following conditions are excluded from all policies, regardless of the total annual benefit that you sign on for.
- Pre-existing conditions (select exceptions may be made for curable conditions that have shown no symptoms in the past 12 months)
- Routine wellness or preventative care (unless you purchase the wellness coverage add-on)
- Spaying or neutering
- Preventative dental care
- Prescription food (unless you purchase the veterinary exam fee add-on)
For policyholders with inquiries or concerns, Figo Pet Insurance offers customer service support. To get in touch with Figo's customer service, there are various methods available.
For policy-related inquiries, a Figo Pet Insurance customer service representative can be reached by phone at 1-844-738-3446. Feel free to use this number to receive direct assistance and speak with a representative.
Sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org is one way to reach Figo's customer service through email. In your message, make sure to provide a detailed explanation of your inquiry or problem.
|AM Best Rating||A-|
|NAIC Complaint Index||N/A|
|J.D. Power Rating||N/A|
Like most pet insurance providers, you’ll need to pay your veterinary bill upfront when receiving treatment and file a claim for a reimbursement online after you receive an itemized invoice from your veterinarian. Figo claims that, on average, most claims close in about 2.6 working days after you submit your invoice.
Pet owners face varying premium prices from $20 to $80 or more through Figo Pet Insurance. Depending on the pet's age, breed and location, as well as the chosen coverage plan, the actual cost varies. Figo's coverage options include the Essential, Preferred, and Ultimate plans, each providing distinctive tiers of protection.
For a tailored quote, it's ideal to either approach Figo's customer service or browse the website to get a precise estimate on the expenses of your pet, taking into account distinctive aspects of your pet and preferred coverage options.
Figo Pet Insurance offers extra perks like reimbursement for trip cancellation fees stemming from pet-related issues and coverage for lost pet advertising. If bonus features are a priority, Figo might just be the perfect fit for you.
Figo Pet Insurance, highly rated for its client support, is a great option for pet owners who value quick and helpful assistance. If quality customer service is a top priority for you, consider Figo to receive the assistance you deserve.
|$5,000 benefit, 80% reimbursement, $500 deductible||$10,000 benefit, 80% reimbursement, $500 deductible||Unlimited benefit, 80% reimbursement, $500 deductible||$5,000 benefit, 80% reimbursement, $100 deductible||$10,000 benefit, 80% reimbursement, $100 deductible||Unlimited benefit, 80% reimbursement, $100 deductible|
|Male golden retriever, 2 years old||$27.01 per month||$31.53 per month||$35.77 per month||$43.48 per month||$50.73 per month||$57.58 per month|
|Female golden retriever, 2 years old||$24.49 per month||$28.59 per month||$32.44 per month||$39.49 per month||$46.01 per month||$52.21 per month|
|Male American shorthair, 2 years old||$13.65 per month||$15.94 per month||$18.10 per month||$21.99 per month||$25.66 per month||$29.13 per month|
|Female American shorthair, 2 years old||$11.12 per month||$12.97 per month||$14.73 per month||$17.90 per month||$20.88 per month||$23.71 per month|
Figo’s application process is exceptionally streamlined and makes it easy to customize your pet’s coverage. Simply enter a few basic details about your pet’s age and breed and instantly view policy costs.
You can also adjust your reimbursement percentage and deductible to instantly see how changing these policy details will influence what you pay for coverage. Most pet owners will be able to fully complete the application process in just a few minutes.
Unlike some competing pet insurance providers, you do not need to undergo a new veterinary exam before you can sign up for coverage. However, if you cannot provide medical records proving your pet’s annual health within 12 months of your policy’s effective date, the next annual exam that you undergo may be used as the basis for determining any pre-existing conditions excluded from your policy. Figo recommends an annual exam before you apply for coverage.
How Does Figo Pet Insurance Work?
Figo Pet Insurance works by reimbursing eligible veterinary expenses. To give you an idea of how it works, here is a brief rundown of Figo Pet Insurance.
- Select a coverage plan: With different levels of protection available, Figo provides diverse coverage plans. You have the flexibility to select a plan that accommodates your pet's needs while staying within your financial means. Every package presents specific coverage possibilities.
- Enroll and pay premiums: To enroll your pet with Figo Pet Insurance, select a coverage plan and provide basic info — age, breed, and medical history. Be sure to pay premiums on time.
- Visit any licensed veterinarian: Your pet's healthcare needs can be addressed by any licensed veterinarian or specialist of your choosing with Figo Pet Insurance. You won't be limited by network restrictions, thus providing you with the opportunity to receive care from the veterinary professionals that you prefer.
- Pay veterinary expenses: At the time of your pet's veterinary appointment, it's up to you to cover the costs.
- Submit a claim: Use Figo's mobile app or online portal to file a claim after handling the veterinary expenses. Required documentation includes invoices and medical notes secured during the process.
- Reimbursement process: Evaluate your expenses and determine their eligibility for reimbursement based on your policy's coverage plan. Figo will reimburse you for the approved amount using direct deposit or a paper check by your policy's terms and regulations.
Familiarizing yourself with your policy documents and comprehending coverage specifics — such as waiting periods, deductibles and coverage limits — is crucial. It's also important to realize that the policy terms may have specific requirements or exclusions for certain services or conditions, so meet their necessary criteria for coverage.
When it comes time to file a claim, it's important to have veterinary records and receipts on hand. For assistance with the process or coverage questions, Figo's customer service team is available.
Figo Pet Insurance strives to offer monetary assurance and serenity to owners of pets, lessening the financial burden of animal healthcare and ensuring the provision of required medical care for your pets.
Figo Waiting Period
For Figo Pet Insurance, if you're dealing with an injury, coverage will kick in after just two days, but if it's an illness, you'll need to wait two weeks. The period before benefits start is called the waiting period, and during this time, Figo Pet Insurance won't cover claims or illnesses. For specifics, it would be beneficial to go over the policy documents and reach out to Figo's customer support with any questions.
Figo vs. Competitors
Some of the most notable features that Figo Pet Insurance offers that make it stand out from competitors include the following.
- No per-incident caps: Figo does not cap claim payments by condition, which can be beneficial if your pet suffers a recurring illness.
- Unlimited coverage option available: If you’re looking for the most comprehensive coverage for your pet, you may want to invest in Figo’s unlimited annual benefit plan. This plan provides unlimited annual benefits beyond your coinsurance percentage.
- Text customer support available: In addition to offering phone line access throughout the week, Figo also offers extended customer support hours via text message on Sundays.
- securely through Figo Pet Insurance's websiteBest For:Unlimited annual benefitsRating:
- securely through Lemonade Pet Insurance's websiteBest For:Top-rated pet insurance
Lemonade is currently available in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin,
- securely through Pumpkin Pet Insurance's websiteBest For:Families with multiple pets
Limitations apply. For terms and conditions, visit pumpkin.care. Pumpkin Insurance Services Inc. (NPN#19084749) (“Pumpkin”) is a licensed insurance agency, not an insurer. Insurance plans underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company. Preventive Essentials is not an insurance policy, and is not available in all states.
Comparison of Figo, Healthy Paws and Pets Best
|Figo||Healthy Paws||Pets Best|
|Coverage Options||Including Accidents||Including Accidents||Including Accidents|
|Comprehensive Coverage||Illnesses and more||Illnesses and more||Illnesses and more|
|Reimbursement Percentage||70%, 80%, 90% or %100||70%, 80%, 90% or %100||70%, 80%, 90% or %100|
|Annual Deductible||Choice of $100 to $750||Choice of $100 to $750||Choice of $50 to $1,000|
|Enrollment Age Limit||6 weeks and older||8 weeks and older||7 weeks and older|
|Waiting Periods||14 days for illnesses||15 days for illnesses||5 days for illnesses|
|Wellness Coverage||Optional add-on available||Not covered||Optional add-on available|
|Claims Process||Mobile app for filing claims and tracking reimbursements.||Online and mobile app for filing claims and tracking reimbursements.||Online and mobile app for filing claims and tracking reimbursements.|
|Availability||Available in most U.S. states||Available in all U.S. states||Available in most U.S. states|
Enrollment age limit, reimbursement percentage and prescription medication are some factors you should be thinking about when assessing these selections. Don't forget to recognize the annual limit, the wellness coverage availability and wait times. In addition, it's wise to investigate customer feedback and any supplementary features or advantages supplied by the insurer, like emergency care coverage. Finally, check the claims process and its availability in your state.
Figo Pet Insurance offers a variety of coverage options with different price points, all designed to meet the specific needs and budget constraints of pet owners. Supporting its commitment to comprehensive coverage and convenience, it offers an easily navigable mobile app and 24/7 access to virtual veterinarians, as well as added benefits like lost pet advertising. Some variability in reimbursement rates and customer feedback is noted, but overall, Figo's dedication to providing financial protection for unplanned veterinary costs and emphasis on exceptional customer support make it a secure choice for savvy pet owners looking for a reliable insurance plan. To guarantee desired coverage for your cherished pet, it's essential to scrutinize Figo Pet Insurance's policy terms, waiting periods and limitations. With Figo's customer care available for aid, navigating their policies promises an ease of mind that pet insurance can provide.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Pet Insurance
Coverage and Benefits
- For full protection, seek out a pet insurance plan that covers preventive care, accidents and illnesses.
- Per year or for each condition, make sure to verify the upper limits of coverage provided by the policy.
- Consider the reimbursement percentage when looking at vet bills. It's important to know how much the insurance company will cover.
- Determine if there are any certain conditions or treatments that have a delay period before coverage can begin.
Cost and Affordability
- Compare the pet insurance plans' premiums, either monthly or annually, to understand which plan suits your needs best.
- Before your insurance plan starts covering costs, it's crucial to figure out how much you'll have to shell out. This amount, known as a deductible, varies from policy to policy and can have a big impact on your overall expenses.
- Check for added expenses or co-pays linked to specific treatments or procedures.
- Inquire about potential rate increases over time or as your pet ages to stay informed about price changes.
Exclusions and Limitations
- Whether pre-existing conditions are covered by the policy is an important detail to grasp.
- Certain breeds could have higher premiums or be excluded from coverage in some policies because of breed-specific exclusions.
- Insurance providers may have varying waiting periods, so it is important to keep this in mind when dealing with specific conditions.
- Enrolling your pet in an insurance plan? Check for age restrictions first.
How Much Does Pet Insurance Typically Cost?
Factors like your pet's breed and age, insurance provider, the coverage options you choose and your deductible amount can all affect the price of pet insurance. Below is an estimated cost range for pet insurance to give you an idea.
- Basic coverage: Monthly premiums typically range from $20 to $40.
- Comprehensive coverage: Monthly premiums can range from $40 to $70 or more.
- Basic coverage: Monthly premiums usually range from $10 to $20.
- Comprehensive coverage: Monthly premiums can range from $20 to $40 or more.
To make an informed decision on pet insurance, evaluate the policy’s coverage details, exclusions and extra charges. By comparing quotes from various insurance providers, you can examine the value of the coverage provided and determine what is best for your pet and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do vets like pet insurance?
Yes. Veterinarians like pet insurance because it encourages their customers to seek treatment immediately after an illness or injury develops. Using pet insurance also doesn’t inconvenience the veterinary office in any way, as the insurance company is responsible for reimbursing you.
Do pet insurance premiums go up with age?
Yes. Your pet’s chance of developing an illness or sustaining an injury goes up with age, which increases your pet insurance costs. This is why most pet insurance providers recommend insuring your pet when they are young and healthy.
What does Figo not cover?
You won’t find coverage for pre-existing conditions, elective procedures, behavioral issues, preventive/wellness care and breeding-related expenses. To know if the coverage suits your pet’s needs, scrutinize the policy terms.