Options allow you to play the trading game without assuming a ton of risk. Whether you want to trade options as a part-time hobby or to turn a substantial profit, an online course is worth considering. You can enroll for free or at a price that fits your budget.
Benzinga is here to help you find the best courses to learn options trading.
Best Options Trading Courses:
- Ultimate Guide to Options Trading: From Novice to Pro by Udemy
- Small Account Secrets by Simpler Trading
- Options Trading for Beginners by Udemy
- Complete Guide to Stock Options for Beginners by Skillshare
- Options Trading for Rookies (Part 1- 3): Understand Options Completely by Udemy
- Options Basics and Trading with Small Capital! – Level 1 by Udemy
- Beginning Options Trading – Learn How to Profit with Options by Skillshare
- Learn Call Options and Put Options – Introduction to Options by Udemy
What Makes an Options Trading Course Great?
The best courses to learn options trade meet these criteria:
- Includes Real-Life Simulations: You want an options trading course that conveys key concepts through real-life simulations. It’s also ideal if you can replicate these strategies through paper trading platforms.
- Self-Paced: Don’t settle for a course that imposes strict deadlines. Only consider options that are self-paced so you can work through the material when it’s convenient.
- Affordable: There are free and paid options trading courses to choose from. If you’re just getting started, give the more affordable classes a try and move on to higher ticket items if you want additional insight into options trading.
Best Courses to Learn Options Trading
These options trading courses are just for beginners and will help you acquire solid foundational knowledge.
Ultimate Guide to Options Trading: From Novice to Pro
1. Ultimate Guide to Options Trading: From Novice to Pro by Udemy
Price: On sale
Ultimate Guide to Options Trading: From Novice to Pro features 35 lectures jam-packed into 4 hours of on-demand video. You will learn the basics of options contracts and what it takes to consistently execute high-probability options trades. It also includes lessons on buying stocks at a discount, managing losing trades, generating income with theta positive trading strategies and so much more.
The course is led by Alex Yi, founder of online trading education platform OptionPosts. It includes the following modules:
- Laying the Groundwork: Options Contracts Background
- Crash Course: Options Contracts Basics (Part 1)
- Crash Course: Options Contracts Basics (Part 2)
- Your Edge: Where Your Advantage Is In Options Trading
- Your First Income Strategy: The Covered Call
- Put Into Action: Opening a Brokerage Account
A brokerage account with access to options contracts is needed to successfully complete the course.
2. Small Account Secrets by Simpler Trading
John Carter – the founder of Simpler Trading -was finally able to adapt his 7 figure options strategies into a reliable formula for growing smaller accounts quickly.
You will get:
- Low risk strategies
- Popular stocks
- How to set up trades
- How to maximize gains
- When to hold
- And so much more
Choose from 3 levels: Pro Starter, Pro Plus or Pro Max. Each bundle building on the last and enhancing your options trading knowledge.
Options Trading for Beginners
3. Options Trading for Beginners by Udemy
Price: On sale
Options Trading for Beginners will help you acquire the foundational knowledge needed to minimize risk and maximize your profits when trading options. It’s designed for entrepreneurs and both new and experienced stock traders who want to learn more about trading options.
Here’s a look at the course syllabus:
- Risk Disclosure
- Meet the Instructor
- The Real Story Behind Return on Capital
- The Math Behind Selling Options
- Opening a Brokerage Account and Navigating Your Trading Platform
- Live Trade Example
Included in the registration fee is full lifetime access to 10 lectures condensed into 2 hours of on-demand video. You will also receive a certificate of completion when you finish the course.
Instructor Dan Rawitch is a senior trader. He’s also the chief executive officer at the University of Options.
4. Complete Guide to Stock Options for Beginners by Skillshare
Price: On sale
Seasoned trader David Eaves brings you this introductory course on stock options. He covers the many facets of stock options, how they work and why investors trade them on the stock market.
Complete Guide to Stock Options for Beginners entails 8 lessons:
- How are Options Priced
- The Greeks
- Options Movements
- Options Strategies
- Dangers of Trading Options
- Real Examples
You will also complete a class project that requires you to download a trading platform with a paper trading feature and try your hand and buying and selling contracts. This allows you to get real-world experience trading options in a practice setting.
Enrollment is free with a Skillshare trial.
Options Trading for Rookies: Understand Options Completely
5. Options Trading for Rookies (Part 1): Understand Options Completely by Udemy
Price: On sale
Options Trading for Rookies (Part 1): Understand Options Completely delves into the fundamentals of options, how they work, calls and puts and so much more. It is the first installment in the 3 part series from Sharper Trades and includes 2.5 hours of on-demand video, 2 articles and 1 downloadable resource.
Facilitator Kal Zurn breaks the lessons down into the following segments:
- Defining Options
- Options vs. Stocks
- Call Options
- Put Options
- Bonus: Vertical Options
- Retired Lectures
Enroll with confidence knowing the course comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee if it doesn’t quite suit your needs.
Options Basics & Trading With Small Capital! – Level 1
6. Options Basics and Trading with Small Capital! – Level 1 by Udemy
Price: On sale
Interested in trading options but don’t have a ton of disposable income? This is the perfect course for you.
Options Basics and Trading with Small Capital! – Level 1 will show you how to trade options on a limited budget and maximize your earnings. It also sheds light on best practices to implement when just getting started in the complex world of options trading.
Seasoned stock trader Gabor Paroczai delivers instruction through 19 lectures on a host of pertinent topics, including:
- Options basics and profit maximization strategies
- Charting to analyze trends
- Selecting stocks that are most suitable for options trading
- Trading platforms
- Best practices and actions to avoid when trading options
- Opening a paper trading account
Get started in minutes to unlock 19 lectures jam-packed into 2 hours of on-demand video and 1 article. There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee if the course doesn’t meet your expectations.
7. Beginning Options Trading – Learn How to Profit with Options by Skillshare
Price: On sale
Learn how to start trading options without forking over a wad of cash. This course will show you the ropes and bring you up to speed on more intermediate and advanced option trading strategies.
Beginning Options Trading – Learn How to Profit with Options is comprised of these lessons:
- Why Options
- Read Options
- Read Options Udemy
- Option Pricing
- Option Pricing (Part 2)
- Combining Factors
- Option Greeks
- Position Greeks
There’s no cost to enroll if you register for a Skillshare trial.
Learn Call Options and Put Options – Introduction to Options
8. Learn Call Options and Put Options – Introduction to Options by Udemy
Price: On sale
Learn Call Options and Put Options – Introduction to Options demystifies the confusion about options trading. It’s designed for aspiring options traders and individuals who want to trade options to earn money on the side or generate a full-time income.
Options mentor and trader Hari Swaminathan rolls out the course material in 3 sections:
- Introduction to Call Options
- Introduction to Put Options and a Real-World Example of a Put Option
- Using Stock and Options Combo Strategies for Stock Investors
Take advantage of promotional pricing by enrolling today. You will receive full lifetime access to 3.5 hours of on-demand video and 7 downloadable resources.
Have basic knowledge of stocks and financial markets before you register.
Find the Best Course to Learn Options Trading
Ready to get started? Take a look at our list of recommendations and select a course that fits your needs and budget. You won’t regret your decision as these options provide top-notch instruction that’s both interactive and includes real-world simulations.
Master the art of trading with Benzinga’s signature course, “How to Trade Stocks.” Learn how to read charts and make winning trades in the market through simple, actionable strategies.
You’ll learn from the following modules:
- Why Trade?
- Picking a Broker
- Trading Strategies
- Price Studies
- Technicals and Indicators
- Developing a Schedule and a Plan
- Trading Psychology
Get Benzinga’s actionable stock trading advice for only $47 and see your income skyrocket!