Afternoon Market Top Percentage Gainers and Losers (CAAS, GENE, HNSN, SYMX, TPX, SCOK, QXM, IDIX, AIB, HERO)
1) China Automotive Systems (NASDAQ: CAAS): Skyrocketing 36.49% to $11.14 after reporting that preliminary Q4 sales were ahead of consensus estimates. Looks like a short squeeze is underway.
2) Genetic Technologies (NASDAQ: GENE): Currently up 22.6% to $3.25. Shares have been surging since the opening bell.
3) Hansen Medical (NASDAQ: HNSN): Shares have been steadily gaining ground all day. Trading 16.60% higher to $2.92
4) Synthesis Energy Systems (NASDAQ: SYMX): The stock has vaulted 15.81% to $3.15 since 10:35 a.m. EST.
5) Tempur-Pedic International (NYSE: TPX): Gaining 12.88% to $57.62 after raising its 2011 forecast yesterday afternoon.
1) SinoCoking Coal & Coke Chemical Industries (NASDAQ: SCOK): Currently down 21.15% to $6.04. Shares have been extending their losses throughout the day. 2) Qiao Xing Mobile Communication (NYSE: QXM): Losing 12.57% to $3.06. Stock continues to fall after yesterday's shareholder debacle, which ended the company's bid to go private.
3) Idenix Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: IDIX): Equity has sunk 11.11% to $2.88 after announcing plans to sell stock to the public.
4) Allied Irish Banks (NYSE: AIB): Equity is plunging 11.75% to $3.82. A notice from the National Pensions Reserve Fund Commission requiring the company to convert 10,489,899,564 convertible non-voting shares into ordinary shares is the reason for the drop.
5) Hercules Offshore (NASDAQ: HERO): Dropping 10.34% to $5.72. News of an investigation by the Justice Department and the Securities and Exchange Commission for potential violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act is taking its toll.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.