EMC Isilon Recognized for Critical Capabilities for Scale-Out File System Storage in New Gartner Report
Report Compares Vendors, Capabilities for Scalable, Cost-Effective Infrastructure for Big Data; EMC Isilon evaluated for Capacity, Management, Resiliency and Scalability
HOPKINTON, Mass., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC Isilon is the only vendor to receive the highest rating of "outstanding" in Gartner's product viability analysis.
- Gartner's report compares nine scale-out file system storage vendors against nine critical capabilities for Big Data infrastructure.
- Vendors were evaluated on three use cases: Commercial HPC, Large Home Directories and Backup and Archiving.
- EMC Isilon scale-out NAS was evaluated for capacity, management, resiliency and scalability, as well as new enterprise-grade features and performance within the use cases.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that its EMC® Isilon® product has been recognized with an overall product viability rating of "outstanding" by Gartner, Inc. in its new "Critical Capabilities for Scale-Out File System Storage" report(1). The rating was given to EMC Isilon based on its ability to provide capacity, management, resiliency and scalability within its products, as well as its rating in the designated use cases of Commercial HPC, Large Home Directories and Backup and Archiving.
The report evaluates nine vendors, including EMC Isilon, against nine critical capabilities: capacity, efficiency, interoperability, manageability, performance, resiliency, security, applicability for infrequently accessed data and applicability for production data. This multidimensional focus highlights the key areas customers must evaluate when considering scale-out options, and marks the most important capabilities for handling Big Data.
As large-scale file-based data grows unchecked, and enterprises in industries such as oil and gas, life sciences and media and entertainment rely on this data to move business forward, scale-out NAS is an increasingly critical asset for ensuring that data is accessible even as the volume explodes. EMC Isilon, known for immense scalability and ease of management, continues to lead the market due to high performing, resilient solutions.
EMC Executive Quote:
Sam Grocott, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management, EMC Isilon
"EMC Isilon's top strength has always been scalability — but scalability means nothing if storage management is difficult or the infrastructure isn't resilient. EMC Isilon NAS scale-out NAS has always been engineered for simplicity and reliability on top of the scalability that is so important when dealing with large-scale data that impacts the enterprise. For use, this report reinforces the fact that EMC Isilon produces solid products tailored to performance for enterprise-grade Big Data."
- Download the complete "Critical Capabilities for Scale-Out File System Storage" report from the EMC website.
- Find out more about how EMC Isilon can store and protect your large-scale data.
- Connect with EMC Isilon via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC and Isilon are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
(1)Gartner Critical Capabilities for Scale-Out File System Storage, January 24, 2013, by Arun Chandrasekaran and Pushan Rinnen
SOURCE EMC Corporation