Second National Accountable Care Congress & Webcast in L.A. Nov. 1-3
Leading healthcare experts from across the country will meet in Los Angeles, November 1-3, 2011, during the National Accountable Care Organization Congress and Internet event to discuss implementation of accountable care organizations (ACOs), a centerpiece of health reform.
The California Association of Physician Groups (CAPG) and the Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) are co-producing the event that will highlight:
- Updates on many of the commercial and health plan organized ACOs being launched around the country.
- Reaction to final ACO Regulations that are expected to be released before Nov. 1.
- Discussion of the Hill Physicians/Blue Shield/Catholic Healthcare West ACO for CalPERS; and the Brookings Dartmouth ACO pilots in California.
- Challenges facing PPO development of ACOs, from a white paper written by James C. Robinson, PhD, U.C. Berkeley School of Public Health, to be released Nov. 1.
The full agenda is at http://www.acocongress.com
Featured speakers include:
- Jonathan Blum, Director, Center for Medicare Management, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Medicare Shared Savings Program and Accountable Care Organizations
- Karen Ignagni, President and CEO, America's Health Insurance Plans: Private Sector Partnerships: Setting the Bar for Reform
- Karen Davis, PhD, President, The Commonwealth Fund: How Payment Reforms Can Help Achieve a High Performance Health System
Keynote panel discussions on critical issues:
- Report from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) on the Pioneer ACO program, designed for more sophisticated organizations that already have experience with coordinated care and population management.
- Innovations in ACO development: Massachusetts Alternative Quality Contract
- Modeling the future of collaborative accountable care: Bringing hospitals, physician systems and major purchasers together.
- Looking through the crystal ball: ACOs, bundled payments, medical homes, and more.
Press Registration: Contact Daniel Danzig, firstname.lastname@example.org for online access or onsite registration.
Where: Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, 2025 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA. The event will also be available by Webcast.
The California Association of Physician Groups (CAPG) is a professional organization of more than 150 of California's leading physician groups. More at www.capg.org.
IHA is a multi‐stakeholder leadership group that promotes quality improvement, accountability and affordability of healthcare in California. More at www.iha.org.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50034252&lang=en